Perrish Cox Cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 10ACTyrant, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I don't know but they (coaches)would certainly have him out there covering #1 receivers like he was. Either way if he had attitude to go along with the bad grades, he needed to go.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Remember, we lost another onside kick, and he said Reed would be added to Special Teams, so that may have been a factor also.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

On account of his three interceptions, one of which sealed a win for us.

I don't keep track of grades, just using my eyes.

He played roughly one for one with his rookie replacement on Sunday. You prepared to say Sims played better than Cox? Because that was on par with anything BWW ever did here.

Cox had a horrid game, but I've actually seen him put a few plays together before. I have no reason to believe Sims is an upgrade.

And now we are whole sale replacing the guy with someone even lower on the totem pole than Sims?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I agree with this but I'm also trusting that if Jrob did it Cox musta screwed up big. I always thought Cox was a gamer, he played with some swagger unlike every other corner besides McCourty. I actually liked him. I trust JRob tho in matters like this. Now as far as 2nd round draft picks not named Henry, I'm not too sure.

#104 nytitaner, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Perrish Cox coming off multiple injuries and his best season was his last with the 49ers, even with as bad as he is now its safe to say he probably won't improve at all. Sims is a rookie and will probably get better with playing time, same with Kalan Reed. All we're doing is speeding up the process until we draft another CB.

#105 ICBW, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I think the coaches just finally said we can do no worse. The upside could be we actually find a CB in Reed (or McKinnon who we brought in) or just live with it. Cox looked like a stumbling drunk out there Sunday. Now would be the time to audition. With a secondary like we have and really bad QB's putting up 350 on us, we aren't going to be a factor in the playoffs unless by some miracle we find a some help real fast. I want to win as bad as anyone, but I think we are two years away from being a serious contender.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I actually really liked Cody Riggs.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Blake is the 2nd best ranked corner on our roster???

That just shattered my entire universe.

• LOL LOL x 3
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, if you just take the Colts game as an example, Cox was targeted 6 times and gave up 6 passes. How can someone be worse than that? If anyone else gave up 5 passes that would be an improvement...

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yeah...then there is that big fact factor in the equation.

30+23=suck

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar