Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Perhaps Vince Young was more crucial than you thought.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $445
    With Mawae at center and probably against horrible run defenses.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 As old as Titan.

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,492
    Almost all his good games are against horrible run defenses.
  2. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,943
    :?: I'd ask you if you were arguing just to argue but I'm afraid that would start you arguing.
    1 people high five this.
  3. GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $445
    No just thinking with a clear head instead of being bias.
  4. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $266
    Collins was a passing threat??
  5. CJtheBeast Starter

Moolah:
    $266
    We had an explosive offense with Vince and he wasn't causing turnovers. At this point in the season our offense was better last year. To be objective, can't remember if Britt played or didn't play early last year.

I really wish some people could be objective. The VY hate is a little old.

Am I pleased with Hasselbeck? Yes. He's shown us some things we've been missing. Do I think VY could have helped this yeam? Yes. He would've provided us some things we were missing.

Luckily we have a young QB behind Hasselbeck who can hopefully provide the strengths of them both.
    • Tip Jar Donor

CheeseheadTitan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $550
    CJ got more carries with VY at QB, but I will agree that the threat of VY running (not scrambling, but outright running) did take some load off of CJ, especially in 2009 (remember some of the option plays that were called...one against the Cows on Monday night if memory serves).

That said, it is no excuse for not being able to run the ball with someone like Hassleback handing it to you. Not too many teams have a "close to RB" playing QB, and there are plenty of RBs who manage to gain yards.

I look forward to seeing if any of these OLinemen we brought in will be signed...improving the O Line will help a bit as well LOL.
  6. Psychop1 Big Tee

Washington
    Moolah:
    $4,780
    No
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.