People wanted Nick Fairley over Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I don't care that these players smoke weed it's their bodies, but weed is illegal without a medical condition. that means players are purposely breaking the law as they wish. to me that reflects what kind of decisions they make and where these guys minds are. Going out high takes away your ability to care about responsibility which could lead to trouble. If Britt is still smoking I hope he does it at home and never gets caught again. Rodger will be suspending him next time.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Because this is not normally a one time thing, and probably reflective of something he does routinely. I don't believe this is a "just wanted to try it once" thing.

So, given that, the team should be concerned that it is not problem and that it wont lead to positive tests or other off the field incidents in the future that could lead to games missed.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm glad we got Jake and i am ready to see him take over at QB.

4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

That was typical Fisher. He would have drafted Gabbert over Locker.

5. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Does your Mom cut your hot dogs into little pieces for you before you eat them? Going out high makes you more quiet and less likely to get into anything. You seem to have confused marijuana with alcohol, and have no clue what you are talking about.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I liked Nick Fairley for us, but not nearly as much as Jake Locker.

Also, aren't you suppose to be chill when you're cruising around high? I know you may be a little paranoid, but 15 seconds later and you've forgotten everything.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

My mom makes a hot dog casserole sometimes. It is pretty good.:tailgate:

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's not really illegal where I am right now in Cali.

You could walk outside with your bong and smoke all day. At worst, a cop could give you a $50 ticket and it wouldn't even go on your record.

It's not a big deal. And as BiscoPhan said, if you're high the chances are you're also extremely socially awkward and unlikely to go out and do anything during that time.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

i do not smoke anything: BUT:

Alcohol: Legal, kills thousands of Americans each year, by liver failure, drunk driving, being killed second hand by a drunk driver. Tends to make some people aggressive
    Drinking Seriously impairs you.

Pot: Illegal in most places, kills maybe a few, if any (Maybe??) Does not impair you nearly as much as driving while drunk. Makes people calmer. does not corrode your innards like alcohol does, not as chemically addictive as alcohol.

Does not compute.

I think smoking anything is stupid. It's clearly not good for you to put smoke into your lungs, so I'm not defending it, I think smoking cigarettes is even dumber, because it doesn't even do that much for you.

the sensible, unbiased side of me says it is freaking ridiculous that a proven killer like Alcohol is legal while pot is illegal.

In my realistic world, I think pot should be legal, but employers can and should still test for it, and can still disqualify you for it, if you want a clean place of business. You don't want people lit up, then going into work, (Same with alcohol and other drugs)

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Spoken like a true drug test facility owner. Just kidding. I would rather have my employees puffing after work than drinking. Ever heard of a weedover? That is because they do not exist. Herb stays in your system for over 30 days, just because an employee failed a test doesn't mean he's coming into work high, it might just mean he smoked 29 days ago on his own time, but I know if weed were legal drug testing companies like LabCorp and invade-your-privacy inc. would lose a lot of easy money they make off of ruining innocent people's careers needlessly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar