People Love Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE53, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's not an issue of hussle. Do you think Brad Kassell isn't giving his all? Hell, just take a look at him at the end of the game today, with blood streaming down his face. But the fact is he just isn't athletic enough. He isn't a starting-caliber NFL player.

That's what Schwartz has to deal with, a bunch of guys who aren't good starters. He has 2 rookie CBs and 2 average (at best) safeties in the secondary. He's got Kassell at MLB. Sirmon hasn't played up to his 2003 form since the torn ACL. KVB is the only quality DE.

This ain't high school football out there. Coaches can only do so much in the NFL with sub-par talent. How many of our starters could start on other teams? Bulluck, KVB, and Haynesworth certainly. Starks on a few teams, perhaps. Anyone else?

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Good points. It's almost a given that the Talent will be better next season, so we'll know what the deal is better by this time next year. I'm hoping I and others are wrong about Schwartz.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hmmm.....Why is KVB our only quality DE?? maybe because he has a non-stop motor??? Because I know he's not the most talented DE on our team. If our whole defense played with as much hustle as KVB, it wouldn't matter the talent level, except of course the two corners, it's all about attitude and getting to the ball.

4. KVB isn't the most talented DE on our team? What are you smoking???

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Schwartz resembles the dolts cause the :coltssuk:

Rickey "where's Henry so we can toke some blunts?" Williams gouged MbSGWb's D when it counted. Fisher punted back to the Fish cause he was counting on his D to make a stop when everyone - even MbSGWb - knew the Fish were gonna pound RW. Well the Fish did their part but, as usual, Dher Schwartzie's D was unable to do anything when it counted.

2004 Schwartzified D allowed 27.4 ppg
    2005 Swartztrogen D allowing 25.4 ppg - yeahha progress!

yes it will be a happy day when some chump - I mean MoneyBall Super Genuis Wonder GM names Schwartz as HC. I can't wait.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

One could make the arguement that Odom is more "talented", in that he has more upside. I wouldn't argue that necissarily, although I will note that this is KVBs only good year in his career. That said, I still wouldn't argue it. :ha:

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I dunno. I think there is a certain level of "hustle" lost with these guys. Motivation just doesn't seem to be there as a unit, although there are guys like Jones, Bulluck, KVB, Haynes, and Kassel (like you said, he's just not that talented). It's hard to draw the line between "drive" and "talent", but theres still a line, and this defense crosses over both of them IMO.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

If albert haynesworth showed up with his work boots on every game all game tha man would have 15 sacks and be the most talked about guy on our D. he has hustle about 5 plays a game... when he's pissed or he thinks he could make a big play

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gotta dangle a burger off his helmet.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

actually, haynesworth has been one of the guys chasing plays down. i've seen him make tackles 5-10 yards down the field on a regular basis this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar