Penn State deserves Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Jul 14, 2012.

?

Death Penalty?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2012.
  1. YES, DEATH PENALTY

63.6%
  2. No...

36.4%
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

You are right, this is different.

This is about an adult man sexually abusing and raping children under the protection of the Penn State Football Program.

But I guess that is less serious to you than players being paid under the table?
  2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

It's not worse, but I just don't see it as an NCAA issue. Everyone who was in the wrong has been punished.

I'll admit that I haven't really been following this thing closely, but has the school president or the actual university been involved in this or was it just the the football department? If everyone in the athletic department has been punished(which they have) and the university wasn't involved then I don't see a reason why the university should be punished more.
  3. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Lack of institutional control.
  4. Alex1939

The AD and the university president were involved in a large portion of the coverup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...port-joe-paterno-curtis-enis-jeff-nalley.html

What's more serious... a university having knowledge that boosters pay their athletes OR a university covering up child sexual abuse?
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Again, it's not a matter of which is more serious because it's obvious which one is, but I don't see it as an NCAA issue. This is a legal issue.

If a program covered up an athlete killing strippers I'd say the same thing.

No program will ever receive the death penalty again.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I don't think they seriously receive the death penalty, but I truly believe that anyone in upper management and the entire athletic department (football) be sent packing.

I hate to say it, but with how Penn St treated the entire issue, it is hard to believe that this is not going on in other universities. A message needs to be sent, and I would say that is as fair as anything.

Also, I think his wife needs to be charged as well. Basically a sentry.
  7. Alex1939

Ok... if your viewpoint is that no program regardless of transgressions should ever receive the death penalty then I understand. That is the only thing that makes sense.

Otherwise, yeah.. if it came out that FSU players murdered strippers and the Football program covered it up... I would of course be in favor of the death penalty. Because of the COVER UP. That's as bad/worse than the real life example of Penn State.

And Penn State officials definitely covered it up, big time, the higher ups... this is as bad as it gets.
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Fortunately there aren't any strip clubs in Tallahassee :thumb:
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

It seems like everyone in that area just wants to forget it ever happened.