Penn State deserves Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Jul 14, 2012.

?

Death Penalty?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2012.
  1. YES, DEATH PENALTY

63.6%
  2. No...

36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think it is more than reasonable to argue that the cover up happened so as to not hurt the football program, which in a way is an advantage, because it helped maintain the programs reputation. But, I wouldnt go with the death penalty.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

first PSU deserves everything its getting and then the death penalty on top of it. Not only was it lack of institutional control it was an institutionalized coverup than harmed more children because of the corrupt immoral leadership at PSU

second it would make the Big 10 just a little closer too 10, still gotta work on the big part. Guess they can get some more leaders too erase their corrupt legends

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Everyone that had a part in it is dead or going to jail but they're not with the program anymore. This isn't a football issue...

Now let's punish the guys that had nothing to do with it and act like it some justice is being served.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It is in someways a football issue though, because the cover up was done to protect the reputation of the program. Plus, programs are punished all the time after the players or coaches who caused the issue are gone. USC was on a 2 year bowl ban due to Reggie Bush, despite the fact Bush was making millions in the NFL at the time of the ban. Urban Meyer can't take OSU to a bowl for 2 years, due to what Jim Tressel and Pryor (and several other players no longer there) did. So, the argument that innocent people are being punished is a legit argument, but at the same time, the NCAA does that already for much less offensive things.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

I think it is a scary commentary on the culture around college football.

If they will cover up child rape what won't be covered up?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think the answer to that is nothing. I honestly cannot imagine something worse than that, within reason......

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh so they tried to get a competitive advantage by giving poor kids free shoes...

at least there assistant coach wasn't sucking some kids d in the locker room while the head coach and main officials covered it up for 10 years.

DEATH PENALTY!

8. Alex1939

It brings death to an institution that allowed and covered up child rape for over a decade.

If that doesn't deserve the death penalty, no one does for anything.

You guys think getting a competitive advantage is somehow worse than covering up child rape? Ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Alex1939

lul wut???

The football teams assistant coach raped children for years. The head coach covered it up. The AD covered it up.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not a regular football issue, this isn't about players receiving benefits or some agent coming in and getting a head start on clients.

For the final time, everyone involved in this are either dead or about to be in jail. Now what else would I do? I would clean house just in case there is a person or even a few people that were involved but not caught. That's it. Why punish the players, students, and fans that had no part of it? This is different from SMU...way different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar