Pay the Probowlers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Every NFL player has some sort of Probowl bonus clause in their contract. And lets face it, Delanie Walker and Jurell Casey were essentially snubbed soley because they are on a bottom ranked team. Both of them deserved the nod and both of them deserved the accompanying pay bump. Is it possible for the Titans to give them that bump anyway? Show them that the organization believes they are Probowlers regardless of what the votes say? How do you think that would affect the loyalty and respect of the players to do such a thing? Has it been done before? Hell I'd chip in.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Walker is on a 17.5 million dollar deal and Casey is on a 37.5 million dollar deal. I'm not too worried about their bank accounts. And I doubt the organization is looking to hand over additional money that has not been earned, per the contract. IDK if it's ever been done before, but I would expect it hasn't. Seems like it'd be setting a pretty dangerous precedent.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

As @SawdustMan has said, this is a precedent you definitely want to stay away from. Almost every player on the most teams believes they earned themselves a ProBowl nod because very few in the NFL will admit another man is better than them. With that being said, this is definitely something you want to stay away from in regards to precedent set. Too many players will want that pay bump even when they didn't deserve. It's a formula for disaster. The best way to let players get the pay bump for ProBowl honors is for them to ACTUALLY earn ProBowl honors. Anything else is putting the team at risk.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

17.5 and 37.5 million? Maybe they should be paying those that did vote for them :)

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

To be fair, they are both underpaid

6. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

For what they bring to the team week in and week out you are dead on ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar