Paul Oliver ineligible for '07, will enter supplemental draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wow we should draft this guy. I heard he has crazy speed and athleticsm along with good size this guy could come in and start right away allowing Griffin to move back to FS.

A second or 3rd rounder would get him so why not he would proabably be the #1 or #2 CB in next years draft so I think we should take him. I heard a rumor he ran like a 4.2 or below now that's crazy at 6'0 201.

I'm pretty sure this is the guy I'm thinking of and if he is I want him badly.

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

what's our pick in the supplemental draft? isn't it the same as last years order? that means we would be #3.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

What do you think should we draft this kid?

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

talked with a guy who said Oliver would go in the 2nd round of the supplemental.

i didn't know the supplemental was that deep.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So what is the scouting report on this kid? I tried to do some research on him, but I could only find high school stuff. Looked like he was pretty highly regarded coming out of high school, and it had him listed as a 4.3 forty.

6. ONUV

ONUV Starter

# Paul Oliver, CB, Georgia - Oliver has ideal size for a corner and has the ability both to play off coverage and press coverage. He had an outstanding junior campaign, regularly matching up against the top receiver on the other team. He held Calvin Johnson to only 13 yards and Sidney Rice to 31 yards receiving. He needs to display more consistency in his game, but he has the physical tools to be the top corner in the 2008 class.

http://warroomreport.com/blog/category/2008-nfl-draft/paul-oliver/

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Sounds pretty good to me. Even though it's probably a long shot that we take him, i'd go for it. Nick Harper is up there in years, and Reynaldo Hill hasn't shown the consistency you'd like to see from a starting NFL cornerback, and who knows if Pacman will even suit up for the Titans again.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not.

Teams put in a bid of draft picks for a player, highest bid wins and the team that wins loses that draft pick the next year.

For example

Tennessee offer a 3rd round pick #19 (because that is where we picked in the previous draft)

and

Detroit offer their 2nd round pick #2

Detroit get the player but lose their second round pick in the next draft.

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

yeah i had been reading up on it a little bit. it's interesting. somebody will/should take a chance on this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar