Pats....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We are so bad that my former hatred of the Pats has morphed into great respect.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Brady has 20 TDs and only 1 INT so far this season. Just unreal.

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

We should start a video library of teams playbooks too...j/k

The Pats have the ability to win in 3 styles; ground and pound, pure passing game and defensively dominating to victory. I wish we could just pick one of those idenities and start winning consistently.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

No, we have coaches ... they may suck, but they are still coaches. Every team has coaches. Off the field, coaches teach. They teach players technique, they teach players assignments, they correct player mistakes, they come up with/teach game plans (within a defined system), etc ... On the field, coaches manage. They manage player/personnel, they manage play calling, clock management, etc ... All NFL teams do this (some are better than others)

The difference is, Bill Belichick has transcended the category of 'coach'. He does more than teach/manage (he does those things as well, but there is more). He designs, develops, invents, etc. Belichick is not just a head 'coach' ... he is like the head 'architect'. He is developing new concepts and innovative ways to play the game. He pushes the envelope in anyway he can.

To call BB a HC is condescending, he is above that.

5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Yea I tend to respect anyone and/or team that is really good. It doesn't matter if they trash talked or what, if they can back it up - salute to them.

The one and only person I can not stand and this person is probably the best NBA player right now is Lebron James. I'm a big Jordan fan, so maybe I can't stand him because people are trying to compare him to him or try to say he's better.

6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Well this conversation just went weird.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ive never hated them, even after they drag our team up and down the field wiping the floor with us. That team is just so good at what they do, and its really nothing special. They just master a few things and repeat over and over and over... Thats one well oiled machine no matter whos playing...

Hating the Pats to me is like hating the guy with the fastest car at the race track, if anything I envy what they have going on... Theyre the model we should be mimicking, we have the QB to do it...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Yep.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I've been hearing on the radio a lot lately about the evolution of the passing game lately. They have mentioned how NFL lines aren't as good as they used to be, and the game is evolving to a more 'quick hitting' passing attack. They use Tom Brady and the Pats as the perfect example. They are really good at the quick passing game. Tom Brady right now is getting the ball out on an average of just over 2 seconds from snap to pass. In order to be successful with this type of game plan, you have to have a quick release, and be accurate.

MM is the PERFECT QB for this type of game. We should model ourselves after the Pats as much as possible. Too bad Whiz is our HC ... hopefully he gets fired and we can bring the Pats OC in as HC and implement the same system here.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Main thing I think Belichick does is simply let his playmakers play to their strengths....sounds simple but most often NFL coaches want their team to fit their "system". Lots of time it is "round peg into square hole" situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar