Pats To Pass On Stallworth Option

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I would take Manningham in one, if there, and forget about Stallworth altogether. Stallworth has to apparently have a "perfect storm" of a season to reach the 1000 yard mark.

Bennett I'd take in two, if there, but Manningham in one. Lavelle Hawkins I think could be worth a pick in two, as well.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

bring him in...

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The best thing the Titans can do is sit tight on Stallworth. He's on a fishing expedition right now and I don't think he's worth what he would command if signed anytime soon.

5. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Hopefully we'll pass on the Stallworth option to. He's nothing special, and why give him a second chance after blowing us off last year?

6. reo

reo Starter

Stallworth has 1 thing going for him. Speed and just so happens that's the 1 thing we need on offense. I wouldn't mind bringing him in but don't even come close to offering what we offered last year. Getting close to prefering Berrian though. My preference of all the rumored WRs would be Fitz or R.Williams but those seem unlikely.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO if Bennett had played at a higher profile school or had a QB like Cutler throwing him the ball his whole career instead of only his freshman year he would be getting more hype. Also, Bennett isn't one of those 6'4 or 4.3 guys who get more attention. Keep in mind Bennett didn't have anything close to a QB like Manningham had the last couple of years.

As far as playing in the slot I know Bennett lined up there occasionally but not because he wasn't good enough to play the outside (where he lined up most of the time). That was just Vandy's coaches trying to create mismatches on a team without many playmakers. Bennett is the all time leading WR in the SEC. He is tough, runs excellent routes, has great hands and can get YAC and I really don't give a flip where the draft genious's rate him IMO he is as good as any WR out there. The guy is a stud, he is a hard worker, he is smart and for the most part he has been injury free. Personally I don't buy into the hype on some of these guys like Jackson who IMO will never be a go to guy as a WR. I would compare Bennett favorably with Manningham and IMO three years from now he will be one of the best in this draft class. Also, unlike most college WRs coming out I think Bennett will acclimate quickly to the NFL and contribute soon. Actually it wouldn't surprise me to see Bennett go in the first round and possibly to Denver.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm with you. I think Manningham and Bennett are the cream of this year's crop and both are somewhat overlooked at this point. They've both actually produced their entire careers. Screw 'potential' and combine workouts, take a look at their production.

9. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

It is a business for both sides, it is silly to take it personally.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

couldn't agree more... football is a business and I think it should be approached accordingly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar