Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Patriots @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 7, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 14 users.
  1. Titaneers Ultimate Player

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,429
    doubt it... we'll just hear how the Patriots were having super bowl hangover and how they beat themselves instead of us beating them...
    afcsouthdom high fives this.
  2. DownSouthPlayer Starter

Moolah:
    $6,456
    Well to be honest. Trying to beat Brady s air attack by running cj all day is a old school Jeff Fisher type of stradegy.
  3. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $6,672
    Trying to beat the Brady air attack with CJ is basically like trying to put out a fire with jet fuel.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,416
    I think Jake Locker will be the difference in this game. Our Def will do it's job enough IMO. Jake needs to make good desicions and run (or throw the ball away) when nothings there. I wish our team the best.
    titansfan89 high fives this.
  4. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,244
    oh man ... getting so close - i just hope this isnt an embarrasment and brady doesnt have a field day against us. Huge test for Locker and although I have my doubts just look foward to the season finally counting for real
    Ten_Titans high fives this.
  5. titansfan89 Special Teams Standout

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,498
    Nothing better than the start of the season, CODE BLUE!!
  6. DownSouthPlayer Starter

Moolah:
    $6,456
    About 14 hours til kick off! Getting my foods ready.
  7. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,743
    Want an upset so badly... though, I wouldn't be absolutely shocked by a "reality check" - as long as we keep it very close!
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,064
    I predict we see a lot of good things... more good than bad.

The good: The offense as a whole has a great day. Locker throws for over 250 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT. CJ tops 100 yards with 1 TD. Cook, Washington, and Wright impress. The defense does a good job of getting pressure on Brady, but does not take advantage of the opportunities as our secondary fails to contain the Pats' powerful weapons. Brady will know all about McCarthy, Wimbley, and Klug when the game is over. McCarthy has the biggest day of anyone - 11 tackles, sack, forced fumble, INT.

The bad: Lloyd 130 yards, 2 TDs; Welker 70 yards, TD; Gronk/Hernandez combine for 140 yards & TD; Brady throws for 370 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT

The ugly: Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins

Patriots 31
    Titans 24
    Obie09 and BiscoPhan11 high five this.
  9. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,244
    Belichek can be a douche though and wont let up if he doesnt have to. I hope we dont put him in the position where he can make this look ugly. Like to shove this in his face and pull off the upset or at least earn his respect. Just dont hope Brady and Gronk run away with this. Keep it close is all I ask - trying to be realistic.