Patriots @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Did you not read the first line I said he had a bad game. He doesnt have a lack of passing ability he had his *** kicked by a superior defense the pats are the best at disguising coverages everyone "should" know that. No he's not my hero (my hero is gonna find a cure for juvenile diabetes :)) ) I dont have his jersey I still have McNair's. Hoge is an idiot who had his head knocked so many times he cant even read his teleprompter. Today he play really bad but he has had his moments like I said upside in unreal he will be crowned when his time comes and he knows it but more importantly YOU know it.:moon2:

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Don't cry....it will be OK. Vince is still our starting QB. Any fan has a right to critique any player, that is what we do on these boards, discuss football. If you want to start a "rah rah" thread...be my guest. This is a thread about the game, and what went wrong.

3. Apple Gooncha

Apple Gooncha Camp Fodder

I don't even care tht they went for it late in the game... I mean, if the piss poor defense can't stop them, then kudos to the Pats and shame on the Titans D.

On the game... I agree with a lot that's been said so far. Vince had a bad day, but I'm not calling for his head... The D has to take a lot of the blame (my hatred for LT, JS, and Hill was rekindled today) ... and as someone else said, it didn't look like we had any fire or like we were even trying. Henry had some fire in him for the first half, and Pacman is a great player and had a very good game with his returns, but everyone seemed indifferent to the outcome of the game. Hell, I think Vinny Testaverde was more fired up than the Titans were.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The 2006 version of Vince Young was not going to beat the Patriots by throwing 35+ passes.

Other than our early blowout losses to Dallas and Jax, the only defenses Vince has thrown more than 25 passes against were Houston and the Giants. He is not the polished passer at this stage of his career that will allow him to sustain drives passing that much against a defense like the Patriots. (Note: This is also the only 3-4 defense he has faced in a LONG time)

That said, there is no doubt in my mind that Vince is the QB to lead this team long term. If we maintain a focus on the running game and take the time to let Vince grow his passing game, our offense should be fine.

The Run Defense is still the biggest issue for this team - personnel, coaching or whatever - it just needs to be fixed.

5. Apple Gooncha

Apple Gooncha Camp Fodder

Let's not forget that the Pats are still a pretty damn good defense. I don't remember a lot of talk about it, but if you look at the numbers, they are pretty solid all around, and Bellicheck has made some pretty great QBs look less-than-average against that D.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Merril Hoge, I dont think anything in my post made it look like I was crying, but whatever. I think your blind to your own stupidty. You have not just been CRITIQUING the game, you have been saying that VINCE will not be a succesful QB for our team. The man had a bad game against a TOP defense, and your ALL over him. I bet you have been waiting for this huh? Probably secretly hoping he would have a bad game so you could justify what your idol Hoge has to say. Sad.....

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Actually I was waiting, and knew it would happen. Please find one post where I said Vince will not be successful? Either do that or stop putting words in my mouth. If you cannot be accurate in your posts, you are only showing your lack of ability to read and comprehend. Hopefully Vince wil fix what is wrong, as I have stated numerous times, many BEFORE this game. It's no secret his passing mechanics are lacking, and it was obvious today. If we can have 10 threads about how great he is, we can have a few that point out some things he needs to work on.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Whats this....I am pretty sure you posted this in THIS thread. So did I fail to READ and comprehend this? Explain it to me? So if you DO think Vince will be succesful, why in the hell would you think we need a new QB????

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It's a post you left out when you were critisizing the rest of our players. You mentioned dropped passes by our receivers, but failed to mention bad throws by Vince. I know it was just an oversight on your part. Surely you don't feel Vince is perfect and the rest of the team is not.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

drops....by OUR receivers? surely you jest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar