Patrick Willis

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2008, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree, 50/50 shot at at least one of those guys being there.
    By the way, our new GM didn't mention S or LB as being a top priority but just like with Reese that doesn't mean they haven't fallen in love with one of these Ss or Willis. Don't believe anything you hear.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The real interesting thing I got from reading about MR coming to the Titans is that HE personally has graded 'some' of their players. I wonder how he grades Lamont considering MR was a Pro Bowl Safety himself.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to THAT conversation between MR and Fisher...

So Coach, I finished grading the secondary....and Lamont had a failing grade in 12 out of 16 games. I was an All Pro S...and he's not even close. So I was wondering why you kept him in there so long...? I was also wondering why you didn't list S as a position in major need of an upgrade...?!?!? What do you think of Lowry or Fuller as a replacement?

Jeff....Jeff...?

Gut

3. Don't understand

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

5. please..

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Fanatic...

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Anyone who could justify the Raiders taking Huff and passing on two legit franchise QBs is being ridiculous. It was a stupid decision. QBs are much more valuable anyway than a S and when you pick that high in the draft and one is there, and you don't already have one, you always should take the QB.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sox...

I wasn't saying that that is what I would have done nor what I THINK they should have done. I was merely saying what THEY were thinking at the time. They felt they had a franchise QB in Walter so they didn't need one...

Oops!!!

Gut

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Guys cut and paste...!!

You can cut and paste any sentence from any quote you want you are not bound by law to use the quote feature that takes a whole post from beginning to end.. Right click?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat..

'Anyone who could justify the Raiders taking Huff and passing on two legit franchise QBs is being ridiculous.'
    -----------------------

I think a basic rule of thumb is to draft a QB even if you have a third rd pick the year before at that position. Walter was only a third rd pick, didn't throw a pass in the regular season of 2005 so they had no reason to assume he would be a stud. What is the worse that could happen, they could have 2 good guys?

It was dumb.

The raiders are the dumbest organization bar none. Hiring shell had no purpose at all. What if after the 05 season the raiders had hired norn chow as HC, brought in a young then 30 year old lane kiffen up to be his OC and then drafted leinart. That would have purpose to it and chow and kiffen would have 2 young QBs in leinart and walters to work with. After 4-5 years after chow was ready to move on kiffen would be an experienced guy to move into the HC job.

But hey they are the raiders and we want them to suck. Cool unis though..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar