Patrick Ramsey QB of the future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Did Fisher get a five year deal? If so, he has this and two more seasons. If he doesn't win an SB in that time he will be gone, no matter who is the managing owner of the team at the time. Nobody gets, or should get, 19 chances at the same location without ever winning the big one.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there's always that silly rumor that San Fran wants to trade Alex Smith for VY

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How long did Cowher have?

4. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

What qb, former Heisman Trophy winner, who likes to run the ball, throws short passes and probably will be available in the 3rd round or later.

Could Fisher pass on Tim Tebow for his qb of the future in the 3rd round?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I can see him being the starting qb, and we will be a losing team.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

lol, Ramsey??

lol

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i feel about as comfortable with Kige Ramsey

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Those who disagree make your case and i would like jeff to tell me who will beat him out for the #3 job.

Again i did set some conditions based on his work ethic and his ability to show growth as a player. He would not be the first QB to come on later in his career.

Gus Frerotte type of guy maybe. Look at kerry nobody wanted him in 06 and nobody certainly wanted him in 07 but he came through for us because he was mature and worked hard. You could maybe draw some comparisons to neil odonnell as well.

As for drafting a QB in the middle rds how reliable is that? And we will be drafting 32nd next year.

Ramsey has had 90+ passing ratings in 2 of the last 3 preseasons. Maybe there is more there than what we have seen.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Instead of smartassed responces how about some analysis. Ramsey started just 24 games in his career and 2/3 of those starts were with steve spurrier's offense on a redskin team that had no thousand yard rusher and the top WR over those 2 years was rod gardner.

Trung candidate, derrius thompson were 2 significant contributers to spurrier's failed experiement.

I believe the spurrier offense was not a good offense for ramsey but the dinger offense is.

I mentioned that ramsey has had no extensive playing experience as a more experienced QB. That is true since all of his career starts except one occured in his first 3 seasons. He is entering his 8th season now.

His play has not been terrible. His post rookie career passing rating is 76 with a comp rate of 57% and he has 5 more career TDs than ints.

How would a more mature, more experienced ramsey do in a better system with better players around him? We don't know but i think he can get the job done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar