Patrick Peterson and Julio Jones...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Somebody already started a thread about who we take of it is not a QB. I would say if the QB we want is not there and Nick Fairley is gone then these 2 guys would be my short list.

We were 29th in pass defense this year despite being among the league leaders in sacks and sending a DE to the pro bowl. We need to upgrade our coverage.

Peterson is a true blue chip type Cb prospect comparable to a Charles Woodson. He could better match up with bigger Wrs like A johnsion and R Wayne than finny can. Drafting him would allow us to move Verner inside which upgrades that position significantly and Mccourty gives us depth outside.

Julio Jones gives us another Kenny Britt type stud to terrorize the league with. Along with Williams and Washington gives us an elite WR corp that is deep. Jones is also an excellent return man and runs quick screens and reverses extremely well. We could move him around and create matchup problems and do a lot of interesting creative things especially with a Qb who is mobile like VY.

Only issue with drafting another WR is money since an 8th pick will demand a big contract and if Britt has a thousand yard season he will want a new deal. We also have Cook as a hybrid WR weapon. Jones is maybe not essential but of we want an elite offense he could help get us there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd love Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara, both are amazing.

As for WR.. I don't think we should take one 1st round. We don't pass enough to take another 1st round receiver.. we just had Randy Moss, and couldn't figure out how to use Britt and Moss at the same time. I'm happy with Britt; Cook & D-Will showed some young promise.

Has anyone seen Jonathan Baldwin? He's 6'5 230 and runs a 4.5. He makes some crazy catches.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree about Peterson, not about Julio. WR is not a huge need, and it is a very deep draft for WRs....jonathan Baldwin, Michael Floyd, Greg Little can all be had in round 2 or later, maybe round 3 for little. If you decide not to take the QB, then you take the best available defensive player and move on to round 2.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think we should take a WR in the first, whether it be Jones or Green. Britt is on his way to being great, if he can stay healthy and out of trouble. Damian Williams has the potential to pretty good. I'm ready to just stick Jared Cook in the slot after watching him "try" to block a nickelback against the Colts. Then you've got Washington too.

I think this offense is a quarterback away from being great. The defense is awful though. Almost no talent on that side of the ball.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree 100%....We need a QB that can keep us in games when the D lets us down. I would also add that we need a change in philosophy on the offensive side. We saw it some against the Eagles when Britt went off, but with him, Cook, and Nate, we really have the ability to attack Ds and make them pay for stacking the box. I would also like to see CJ on some wheel routes, granted his hands aren't the best in the world, but knowing it's an option would loosen up the D a bit. Having him run button hooks does not take advantage of his speed.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

For the record we threw the ball 68 times more than we ran it this year an average of 30 times a game.

Our Qb play was fine, VY and KC combined had an 88 passing rating and Kerry had a higher rating this year then he did in 2008. Together they combined for 24tds and only 11 ints. One of the lowest int rates in the league.

We may not have a 2nd rd pick if we trade for a QB like Orton or Kolb.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Peterson, Peterson, Peterson.

We can't pass up on him. At the same time, I don't want to pass up on Mallett or Newton.

If we don't end up with Peterson, Amukamara, Mallett, Quinn, or Fairley out of the first round then someone has made a huge mistake... and it would mean that Fisher is still coaching.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Well you listed five players and we pick at number eight....so we might not end up with any of them.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, but I left out Luck, Bowers, and Green, so at least one of the players I named will be available.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Patrick freaking Peterson is the man! I do like the idea of Julio (shocker I know) but he would improve the WR core since Moss will be gone and we don't know if Britt can play a full 16 and also outside of Britt we don't have a WR that we can really go to. I like Washington but he's a deep threat and I like him in the slot. Gage isn't that good and Williams still needs more time, Julio would be an instant starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar