PATHETIC, Awful, Bulluck too much hype!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I saw about 2 minutes of this game today considering I had to work and was very very busy. I saw Ricky Williams absolutly just tear away from Bulluck and left him flat on his chest not really a unusual site for this Titans team or Bulluck. Now dont get me wrong Bulluck is a great athlete and defensive player however Bulluck and the rest of the Titans for the last few years just seem to have complete laps in fundementals like tackling and making those key stops when they must they simply cant do it and havent done it since G Williams left and thats it there is no argument the defense is simply not good enough to stop top tier groups or bottom of the barrel teams aka the Browns so where does the finger get pointed there.

The offense my god there is just not much of a bright spot here, No sure thing at any postion really. Mcnair shows flashes of good play but just like the rest of the offense absolutly no consistency just is not there. I am not sure if there is much hope there in the offseason either. I just hope something is done to improve this offseason. I just do not have any confidence in the front office of this franchise I just dont know if there a people who are eager or smart enough to get it back in the right direction. The team that Reese held together he didnt put together he was just handed the team and hold on to it basically. I just dont see anything remotly optimistic to come in the future for the Titans. What are your thoughts after the 24-10 thumping of the Dolphins dont give me injuiries BS excuses, or there were chances to win the game cause it was not there just leave some feed back. Thanks.

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Hold up now. Reese put us in position to contend for as long as we did. Had he blown it up sooner, we would have not had as much success. Reese didn't inheret the team that went to the Super Bowl. Most of those guys he put there himself. The Team Reese blew up was his team he built and he can rebuild it. Yeah, the guy made some costly decisions, but at the time it was a risk that could have had a big reward had we gone to the Super Bowl again in 02, 03 or 04. 02 and 03 we fell short and 04 we had the injury bug.

Now to Bulluck and the Defense. Bulluck isn't even close to being over hyped. If that was the case he'd be in the Pro Bowl. You want over hyped look no further than Joey Porter. He's not as good as his numbers, I think. You put Bulluck in that Steeler's system and he'd produce similar numbers or more. As for the Defense, some say it's Schwartz and others claim it's the loosing and the current talent we have. I say it's a combination of all that. This off-season there is no doubt we are going to fix the talent level, from there it's up to the coaches, Schwartz included, to fix the loosing and attitude of this team. If we improve the overall talent level and the Defense still can't perform, than it's obvious Schwartz is at fault.

3. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I love Bullck dont get me wrong

I love Bulluck I think he is one of the few leaders and quality players on the Titans. One of the few super atheletes they have had. I guess its just the year as a whole but he just does not seem to come up with that big game changing play that defensive super stars come up with on a regular basis. Sure he has 120 tackles but thats cause the rest of the defense has problems tackling and just sticking people. He has had a few run backs for touchdowns last season but just on a consistent basis he just does not seem to be there in big stop situations maybe its just frustration speaking but its just getting old.

The offense is just a cluster cluck some things work rarely and most of the time it does not there is no flow, rhyme or reason. We need 8 yards we throw it 2 or 3 that kind of mess when you dont exactly have those kind of players to make big YAC plays or they have not shown it yet.

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I understand, I've felt the same way. The thing is, though, is that teams dont run that many plays on Bullucks side. Teams have made errors on Kassell and Sirmon's side this year and both havn't been able to capitalize. If we had another Bulluck at the other side, then teams wouldn't have a choice. Fact is, Sirmon is a liability and we need help at OLB as well as MLB.

As for the whole YAC thing. The recievers we drafted are guys who can play in this system, all three are fast and agile. I look to next season to be improved in that and hopefully the play calling. We gotta remember, Chow's a rookie this year too. This season he tried some things, some worked and some didn't. Now it's time to tweak certain things and stick with what worked.

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I see this an awful lot, is it meant to be a diss? He's a great "athlete"? That's how I've always interpretated it. If I wanted athletes I'd draft olympic players. I want football players, and damn good ones hopefully. Michael Vick is a "great athlete", ****ty player IMO. Peyton Manning on the other hand is a "great player", ok athlete.

Tyrone Calico is a "great athlete", but he ain't doing anything to help this FOOTBALL TEAM right now, note football team - not 100 metre sprinter team.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TitansCountry25, Welcome to this forum.

I'm glad to see that someone knows how to write a long blow it up in your face post. I admire your intensity although your argument has flaws. I need not point them out for they have already been addressed. Here's the thing man...

The Titans are at the peak (I hope) of a down cycle. Odds are they might only win seven games next year. Don't look for them to go tho the playoffs next year anyways. We have got an outside shot of finishing 2nd in the division but forget the wild card...

Now as Bipolar gazes into his crystal ball I see a division crown for us in '07.
    Perfectly reasonable expectation IMO. I believe in the trifecta of Adams, Reese and Fisher... I believe a new star at QB will emerge. There is alot of talk about Vandy boy Cutler.

Personally I'd like Young but if we can manage to get a guy like Hawk at LB to address that valid concern of yours and still get the QB we need...that's cool. As a fan, I'm past McNair...I hate it. I wish McNair was really what I hoped for but I've just seen too much.

The CBS guys and the espn's Chris Mortensen both reported yesterday that McNair was coming back and all this positive stuff about Steve and Norm Chow and hope for next year and how they plan on taking camping trips together and roasting marshmallows, competing in the three legged race and egg toss at the Titans picnic, flying kites, building model trains, and attending AAA minor league Nashville Sounds baseball games...as a fan I had mixed emotions. Just sounded like a bunch of hooey.

Remember all that "we're not rebuilding, we're reloading" talk before the season began? That was BS so why should this be deemed legit? The thing is I just don't believe that McNair is going to top or even come close to his past accomplishments. I just want to move on already. I'm not a hater though.

I love Steve. I like to see him out there. I've realized over the course of the season that I like seeing Steve play because I'm just waiting for it all to turn around. I want to see what I used to see. Is it going to happen? I really doubt it. I thought Eddie George was going to come back and regain his past form. What's scary is that Jeff Fisher thought he was going to as well. We were both wrong.

Just keep believing man. That's what makes a Titans fan a great fan.
    This team will right itself eventually. Next season we may see the corner that we are going to turn eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar