Path to the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

It's almost Thanksgiving, and the Titans control their own destiny. That feels pretty good to say after missing the postseason for almost a decade.

Obviously the hope is that we continue winning and take the division, but looking at how the Wild Card race is shaping up, we are almost a given to get in (barring an epic collapse) even if we fail to live up to the Mitcht prophecy.

Here's a look at our potential competition for a WC playoff spot.

Jags (6-3)

If the season ended today, they would be the 5th seed. Obviously they aren't really competition to us for a WC spot since one of us will win the division (most likely)

Bills (5-4)

If then season ended today they would have a WC spot. However, they are on a 2 game skid and just benched their QB in favor of a rookie. Just a few of the games they still have left, Pats (x2) Mia (x2) and Chiefs ... that's no cakewalk.

Miami (4-5)

Currently they are on the outside looking in, BUT they do have a head to head tie breaker over us. However, we do have a 2 game lead right now, and they still play Pats (x2) Bills (x2) and Chiefs.

Luckily for us in a potential WC scenario, Bills and Dolphins will beat up on eachother a bit which should all but eliminate at least 1 of the 2 teams from the race.

Oakland (4-5)

They have a H2H tie breaker over us, but again we have a 2 game lead. And with Pats, KC, Cowboys and Eagles among the teams they have left to play, it won't be easy for them to gain ground.

Ravens (4-5)

Titans have a 2 game lead + tie breaker, so essentially it's a 3 game lead over the Ratbirds with 7 games to go. Their remaining schedule isn't too tough however.

Every other team in the AFC is 3-6 or worse. Which means it's very likely that 2 of the above teams will make the playoffs as a WC.

It's really hard to imagine that any one of them could over take us in a WC scenario, much less 2 of them.

That being said, lets just go win the Div.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

99 percent we make the playoffs

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

at this point if we do not make it i will be furious

the only team i worry about of the ones listed above is the raiders. they could go on a hot streak, they have the talent

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Path to Paradise

[​IMG]

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. The Hammer

in4b one of the cranky pants here says "We are only going to get killed in the first round anyway so who cares"

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

Nice post. Thanks for summarizing this. As long as we stay reasonably healthy, I expect us to make the playoffs. But tbh, a wild card spot would be disappointing for me. This year's AFC has been so noncompetitive (heck, even the Patriots have looked vulnerable). I honestly think this is a year where we have a chance to realistically make the AFC Championship Game. I don't want to waste this year and not take advantage.

7. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

we can beat any bum AFC team

8. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Bills are out of playoff consideration ,imo, by switching to Peterman as their starter.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I went through this scenario in my head the other day.

The AFC Wild card race is really bad. We're all but a lock to get in. It would take an EPIC collapse to miss out.

My gosh, I'm excited.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Hammer

They have a brutal schedule

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar