Past 1st round picks that we wanted.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

'05 - Antrel Rolle. Basically wanted him for his last name Rolle, Thought he'd be our next Samari.

'06 - Reggie Bush. I was also hoping he fell to us, he was a beast at USC.

'07 - Ted Ginn. He was unstoppable at Ohio State.

'08 - Rashad Mendenhall. I'm an Illini fan.

'09 - Vontae Davis. Again, I'm an Illini fan, and I didn't like Nick Harper.

'10 - Derrick Morgan. Got my wish! I also loved Eric Berry, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

2005- Antrel Rolle, we really needed a DB that year,
    2006- Jay Cutler, followed by VY, under no circumstance did I want Leinart.
    2007- Griffin or Aaron Ross- was fine with either..the pick this year that killed me was not taking Steve Smith in round 2, opting for Chris Henry instead.
    2008- Desean Jackson and it wasn't close. I actually wanted him in round 1, and Ray Rice in round 2 that year..I loved Rice coming out in the draft and felt he was being terribly underrated.
    2009- Kenny Britt- I felt like this was a great fit, actually had him higher then Nicks that year.
    2010- Earl Thomas- Morgan ended up sliding and was a great pick in my opinion, but I was admittedly drooling over the possibility of having Griffin/Thomas at the back end of our D.

Overall I have been pretty happy with the first round the past few years. As good as CJ turned out to be, I was really not happy we passed on Desean that year, especially when I saw Rice did in fact drop to our pick in round 2. Taking Chris Henry over Steve Smith still pisses me off to this day.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I wasn't happy with the Britt pick, never really heard of him, In 08 I really wanted Mendenhall and Sweed, glad that didn't work out.

I haven't really been excited about a pick since 2006. And there's nobody in this first rd. I'll be overjoyed about either. But that has no bearing on how good they will be.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2005 I wanted one of two guys. Carnell "Cadillac" Williams or Pacman Jones.
    2006 I wanted Vince Young.
    2007 I wanted Michael Griffin.
    2008 I wanted DeSean Jackson.
    2009 I wanted Hakeem Nicks only because we didn't get Jackson the year before.
    2010 I wanted Derrick Morgan.

This year I want Fairley or Locker.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

2005: Aaron Rodgers
    2006: Matt Leinart
    2007: Robert Meachem
    2008: Desean Jackson
    2009: Hackeem Nicks
    2010: Pierre-Paul

Those are honestly the ones I wanted out of those years...

Now, in 2011, I want Fairley/Locker.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This was getting tedious so I didn't go any further back than '05.....

2005- I mainly wanted Antrel Rolle. But I was also hoping one of the big 3 RBs (Ronnie, Caddy, Cedric) would drop to us. I remember being quite shocked we took Pacman over Rolle.

2006- I was praying Bush would fall to us. Knew it would never happen though. Strangely enough, this was the draft I felt 100% confident we'd come away with a "can't-miss" guy. I was in love with Bush, Leinart and Young. I was just leaning more towards Bush because I was convinced he was going to be the next Barry Sanders.

2007- There wasn't a particular guy I wanted here but I did really like Lynch, Revis, and Griffin.

2008- I was hoping Rogers-Cromartie would fall to us. Or Felix Jones. I was also really high on Devin Thomas. :sad2: Luckily we ended up with the steal of the draft.

2009- Clay Matthews or ANY wide receiver. At this point I was just so sick of being soooo bad at WR that I just wanted somebody. Any first round talent would do. Too bad we drafted the one with rocks for brains.

2010- Honestly, last year there wasn't any one guy (who was a realistic possibility) that I was drooling over. However when Dez Bryant slipped to us I was hoping we would take him.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It just doesn't seem like it would be that hard. There have got to be some difficult responsibilities that I'm overlooking. It appears to be an easy job with anyone familiar with the NFL and its current and future players.

8. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I only have mocks starting in 2007, although I will own up to preferring VY over Leinart in 2006. And when you look at the rest of the top of that draft, we really couldn't have done much better than VY unless we over-drafted A.J. Hawk or overdid the OT position with Ferguson.

2007: Aaron Ross and Robert Meachem. Not really ashamed of either pick, although Reinfeldt kicked all our butts with the Griffin pick.

2008: Limas Sweed and Mike Jenkins (mocks had Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie). I remember in that draft how mad the whole TOMB was that the Steelers beat us to Sweed AND Mendenhall. Reinfeldt once again kicked all our arses there.

2009: Evander "Ziggy" Hood and Sean Smith. Was pretty happy with the Britt pick.

2010: Had Brandon Graham or Dan Williams before the Draft, but I literally jumped up and down and cheered when we took Morgan. Still believe he's going to be a monster.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Nothing to really 'own up' to as VY has had a much more substantial NFL career than Leinart.

10. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

True enough. The '06 draft was just el terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar