Past 1st round picks that we wanted.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Past 1st round picks that you wanted.

I'm curious to know what 1st round picks since 2005 did you want the Titans to draft? Now you have to be completely honest in who you wanted and not the players you liked that happened to pan out.

The players I was wanting the Titans to draft were

2005. Antrel Rolle - The Andre Woolfolk experiment didn't span out and left us in limbo at CB.
    2006. Vince Young - Guy was just so dominant in College and what better player could we get after the McNair great years.
    2007. Ted Ginn - Being that we did draft Young :yes: we needed a weapon for him and Ginn was the guy I thought would complement Young for a dangerous duo.
    2008. Malcolm Kelly - Since we didn't get Ginn the year before, we still needed a WR badly and I wanted the big target in Kelly.
    2009. Percy Harvin - We were still looking for that WR and I liked Harvin the best out of Britt and Nicks.
    2010. Terrence Cody - Not too sure why I wanted him when the draft began, but I thought he would just be the monster you wouldn't be able to move that would free up the DE all day. Yeah I know he was a 3-4 NT.

Well, as you see only one guy I wanted ended up in Nashville, and 2 of them made the bum list (Kelly and Ginn) :sad2:

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I didn't follow drafts until pretty recently but:

2010-JPP, I thought Washburn could turn him into a beast, and I thought Morgan was going to be long gone, I'm very happy that we got Morgan instead then, even after his injury

2009-Heyward-Bey......Thanks Raiders. Despite Britt's injuries I'm still very happy with him, and I think he'll eventually be great.

2008-Didn't pay a lot of attention to this draft but I was PISSED when we took CJ.

2007-Marshawn Lynch

2006-Reggie Bush, I also really liked Young though, so I wasn't at all disappointed with the pick

2005-I wanted Cedric Benson because I was a huge Ricky Williams fan and he was supposed to be Ricky jr. I also thought Rodgers would be a huge bust....

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

'05: Aaron Rodgers - I wanted a franchise QB that could sit behind Mac9 for a season or two and then start. This is the reason I hate the Pacman pick more and more every day.

'06: Vince Young - I thought this guy would dominate and be the second coming of Steve McNair. Ironically, I now despise VY and hate Pacman even more because we took him over my preffered guy the year before.

'07: Dwayne Bowe - A large, athletic weapon for VY after we cut his two best wideouts.

'08: DeSean Jackson - I thought our offense need playmakers in a major way. I hoped that with fast and athletic weapons that VY would turn the corner and start becoming and elite QB. Chris Johnson was actually someone I wanted in round 2 by trading up. I honestly thought I had the right players in the wrong order until Philly snagged Jackson at 49... so close, so close.

'09: Hakeem Nicks - Wanted a big, physical, playmaking receiver. Britt was my second choice though.

'10: Brandon Graham followed by Derrick Morgan.

Put of all the players I wanted the only one that we got was VY, great .

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Completely agree with '05, '06, '08, and '09. I wanted Morgan in '10. I can't remember who I really wanted in '07. It was a mix between Leon Hall, Brandon Meriweather, and Robert Meachem.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have a hard time remembering honestly.

2005: Cadillac or Ronnie Brown. Not an option. I'd say I wanted Antrel Rolle or Carlos Rodgers. Wasn't upset that we drafted a corner but didn't know much about Pacman.

2006: Reggie Bush, hoped he slipped to us, not an option. Wanted VY.

2007: Bowe, I think. Liked Ted Ginn seemed realistic, somewhat, before the draft. Was happy with Griffin selection.

2008: DeSean Jackson. Was shocked and upset we drafted yet another RB in the first 2 rounds.

2009: Rey Maualuga. Clay Matthews was another I liked. I was happy we took a WR so high.

2010: Derrick Morgan, realistically. Eric Berry, I wanted to trade the entire draft to move up and select him.

6. Finnebosch

Dude, we should be the Titans new GM's

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What's weird is looking at a draft and realizing what you wanted in 2005 would dramatically change what you wanted in the following years.

For example, you wouldn't want VY in 2006 if you had drafted AR in 2005.

8. Finnebosch

Hindsight is 20/20 after all. I do tend to pick a position and continuous find players until I feel that need has been met.

Looking at the '06 I would have most likely tried to give Rodgers weapons. I was very high on Vernon Davis and we would have been without Singletray to straighten him out so IDK how that would have turned out.

Still would have probably gotten LenDale White though.

I know for a fact I wouldn't have gone wideout for three years in a row.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Pretty much thought all those guys would stink. Percy Harvin I was wrong on though... if he can ever stay healthy.

Dareus is this year's Cody. One big play made the name...

I wanted: (1st rounds)

Brandon Graham, Kyle Wilson, Jerry Hughes
    Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and Ziggy Hood
    Brandon Flowers, Felix Jones, and Jordy Nelson
    Lamarr Woodley, Laron Landry...
    Jay Cutler, Santonio Holmes

That's all of the ones around our pick that I wanted, at least.

10. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

'05 Adam "Pac-man Jones - I actually wanted "Pac-man" Jones and thought he would be great, look how that turned out :D.

'06 Matt Leinart - I wanted Matt having followed USC for the years he was there I really wanted him to come to Nashville, maybe he might have panned out who knows...

'07 Dwayne Bowe - I thought we were gonna get a weapon for VY but Griffin turned out good.

'08 Devin Thomas - Not gonna lie, I wanted Thomas...

'09 Percy Harvin - Notice I wanted a receiver since '07 and finally we picked up Britt but maybe Harvin would have been better.

'10 Derrick Morgan - I wanted dmorg and thought he was the best DE in the draft, it still might turn out that way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar