Pass Rushers - OLB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Am I the only one here with a man crush on Hau'oli Kikaha? I know he's has two ACL's but he seems to have overcome those in a big way. Stats don't like, this dude is a sack animal.

I don't know why but many sites seem to have him as a 2nd - 3rd round pick. Am I missing something here? With those numbers he could very well sneak into round one. I sure hope he's available in round two, if so, couple him with Leo Williams and we're back in business.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You're not really 'missing' anything. It's 3 things that will drop him out of round 1. First, the afore mentioned previous injuries. And second, some think his production is inflated by the fact that he played on a defense with Danny Shelton at NT flushing people out, Shaq Thompson - also at LB, and Marcus Peters at CB before he was dismissed from the team. All are 1st rnd talents surrounding him. And third, there are a lot of very good pass rushers at his position with 1st-3rd rnd talent).

Also, we need to see how he does and how well he checks out medically at the combine.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I don't care who was around him that dude is a baller. Obviously having good players around you helps, but I see him beating an awful lot of one on one match ups. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, (most likely am) but I thought Shaq Thompson wasn't used much to rush the passer. I think Shelton definitely helped of some of his sacks but I think it would be hard to dismiss his numbers simply due to a few good players around him. Also, I think he'll check out fine medically he's two years removed from his last ACL.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

They aren't dismissing them...just not giving them all the same weight as if he had no other defenders helping him out and he got 19 sacks by himself. A lot of movement will happen at the Senior Bowl and it's practices, plus combine, plus pro days. For him, combine will be huge as we can see his athleticism vs other players at his position and can see him run the same drills vs his peers. That will do a lot of the shaking out. And of course, for him, the medical checks.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's my dream pick w our 3rd

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

3rd?!

I wish
    dudes going top 50 with ease

7. xpmar9x

I dont really like him at #33..

8. xpmar9x

Not yet atleast... I want to see him at the combine.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we want him but not at 33 we might be able to move back. 33rd pick is easier to trade than the 2nd overall,

10. xpmar9x

I just think there will be a legit talent that falls to the 2nd. Happens all the time... We need help at every position, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a WR or CB at #33, or even RB. We need help everywhere.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar