Pass on a day 1 QB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I tend to agree with that but I don't think his not setting his feet is enough reason not to take him if he's there. That actually sounds like something that would be easy enough to coach him to change, unlike a sidearmed delivery of the QB who must not be named.

2. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

at this point with VY gone. we should trade down and grab locker later in the 1st round. trade a 3rd or 4th for kyle orton. hopefully we can get at least a 5th-6th rounder for VY

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I don't think we will take a QB early in the draft. I think that Jeff Fisher will be trying to save his job moving forward and will most likely bring in someone like Orton or Kolb to try and get a veteran player at QB.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I pass on this idea. The league isn't exactly infested with 2nd and 3rd round picks tearing it up. I mean in the last 15 years there's Brees and... Schaub????

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Yeah I dislike Goodell for that change to how it worked. Used to make for great weekends.

6. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Ill say it now since alot of us are turned off to Mallett now, but he has had a habit of writing checks that his a** couldnt cash over the years. Im not sure he would be a respected presence in the locker room.

I think we should wait till the combine to decide if anyone is worth #8. I dont like the current prospects either, but id be open to a less known QB who looks really good. If not, get one in the second round, several elite QBs come from there.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I have heard this too, and have been reading about some other character issues, such as drug habits. Whether they are true or not who knows, but usually in cases like this where there's smoke there's fire. A lot of what you read about him says he could be another Ryan Leaf, just a head case. Ive been a Mallett fan for a while, really thought he would be our next Qb, but the more you read about him, the more it says to stay away. Locker is the wild card, depending on how he does at the Senior Bowl he could go anywhere from pick 5 to falling into the 2nd round. I just don't buy that we have to take a QB early this year. If there isn't a "franchise" QB availabe, then pass and build the defense up.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mallet is good until you need a game winning drive.

He's solely responsible for Auburn's championship. Gave the game to them.

And responsible for OSU's bowl victory also.

Plus, he looks incredibly stupid. I haven't heard him speak or anything so I'm just being incredibly judgemental, but I imagine he talks like the white kids in the mall that hold their pants by their knees and try way too hard to be down.

I remember hyping Mallet up when he was at Michigan though... so it's kind of funny.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I believe that the FO has something up their sleeves before announcing that VY is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar