Panthers place Hartwig on injured reserve

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

lol....and they said we were taking too much of a chance by taking mawae over hartwig b/c of his injuries..and that the titans made a mistake...i just found that to be pretty funny

also note that hartwig got one of the richest contracts w/ the panthers ever and the titans matched it but he choose to go w/ the panthers saying they have more talent and a better team...or soemthing along those lines.

i like mawae i think he is a big part of our improved o-line play....not that it is soooo much better...but indeed quite better...and i think w/ him and olsen as vets teaching bell, stewart, and roos...i dont think pillar is a starter anymore...the line will continue to live strong even when olsen and mawae leave.

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I agree. Well, it worked out in the end for everyone. Mawae keeps saying how happy he's here... We got an upgraded player with an upgraded attitude.. He's a stand up guy, and a great player to boot.

A classic win win situation.

3. titan_fan_4ever

ur right he is a stand up guy...both him and bulluck are quick to say waht tehy really think...i read taht mawae is a captain type guy and when somethigns wrong he will point it out...and same w/ bulluck...leadership is key in this league and he is a true leader

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I loved it when the experts were raving about how the Panthers had really improved their o-line with the signing of Hartwig. Just because you pay someone Pro Bowl type money it doesn't make them a Pro Bowler. Hartwig is a "just another guy" type player and easily replaceable. I'm pretty sure no Titans fans were too shocked when Hartwig struggled this year. I can hardly wait for the day that the Panthers play the Titans and Justin has to line up across from Fat Albert (I'm sure Big Al can hardly wait either).

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Definetly a win for us, we get a pro bowl caliber center who brings much needed vet laedership and attitude to our locker room. I also think he's helped Vince ease into his starting role and keeping him on his feet. Hartwig was never very good im my opinion very overrated.

6. titan_fan_4ever

no no no....hartwig was good....indeed very good...r u crazy...he didnt have leadership like mawae hell not sure anyone has that man is always sayin wat should be said...but dont get it wrong...hartwig was our best o-linemn last yr and the titans knew it b/c they mathched the 17 mil dollar contract offered to him by the pantehrs..and for good reason he is young and didnt have an injury history and was playing at a pro-bowl level.....but we went a differnet way w/ a 6 time pro-bowl player and possible HOF whos still got some left int he tank and also to help guide the team which we needed as well

and also note that scout i tink it was scout cant really remmber ranked him as a top oline FA close to top overall after hutchinson and bently came him i think....as he was 3rd or 4th or soemthing like that

7. Nash

Nash Starter

Now that we have a mobile interior line, not just a big one, we have the ability to open significant holes in the defense, throw screens and rollouts, and generally force teams to cover sideline to sideline.. we give up some pass protection from the inside push but with VY moving that may not matter as much.. funny how rthings have worked out for the best ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar