Pac's Lawyer Challeges LVPD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rebel Titan, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I do not see the relevance of anything here.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Ok, would you guys agree that the cops are probably a lot like NFL players? There tends to be extremes - the good ones tend to be outstanding people that we all would agree are great role models. Then there is a bunch that are just normal people, nothing wrong with them, but really no different from any of us. Then there are also the bottom feeders, that are so bad we're all embarrassed by them.

Titanpride - I see what you are saying, but there are also plenty of examples of cops that are so focused on getting a conviction that they drag innocent people down based on very questionable evidence. Which is why our society has decided we'd rather have guilty people go unpunished than one innocent person falsely punished. Cops have a lot of power, and because of that they have to be held to a high standard. I believe most meet that standard, but the ones that don't deserve harsh criticism... for the sake of the good of the police force.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The police profession IS a noble and valiant profession. Unfortunately, humans must serve as the professionals. ALL human individuals have flaws, some more than others, but ALL have flaws in character, judgement, and motivation.

The nature of the police profession recruits/attracts certain personality types. Often times, egocentric and militant personalities deal well with the daily "life and death" situations that law enforcement must handle. They can rapidly process and diffuse critical situations following their protocol. Occasionally, situations arise not defined by protocol and they are called upon to use judgement to handle a situation. These are the times that some officers excel and others don't perform to standards. Sometimes, the egocentric personality type negatively (and sometimes positively) impacts the decision making and the beahvior of an officer. But unfortunately for society, that is the price we pay to have that profession staffed by humans.

And yes, some cops are just bad eggs. A person's profession doesn't make them immune from human character flaws.

4. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

its ok next time Gunny needs a theft report, gets his @$$ kicked in a bar, or possibly needs his life saved I will tell my brothers in that part of the world to let it go since he doesn't need a corrupt body of people to help him anyways.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's ok, they'll probably receive a kickback from it anyway. :rolleyes:

6. Riverman

I don't think Gunny is saying he doesn't appreciate or respect law enforcement. I believe he was only saying that not all law enforcement personnel are immune to human flaws such as corruption, greed and love of power. I believe he was responding to other posts that were glorifying the job without recognizing that not ALL people involved in the profession are corrupt free.

Gunny does keep it real IMO.

7. Riverman

Sorry Gunny- don't mean to speak for you.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's what I pay you for :brow:

9. Riverman

[​IMG]
    Just don't yank them too hard.

10. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Understand, just attack the man not his profession. I don't say all NFL players are thugged out low lifes but they are suceptible to the Pac Man bug. I realize not everyone is going to have a favorable view I just have hard time with attacking the profession instead of the individual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar