Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigSteve09, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

we don't NEED pacman, but I anxiously await his return because he certainly doesn't make us worse by any stretch of imagination

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I guess my point was that I can see the argument that we need him for KR/PR. But I fail to see how he is one of the "top" cover CBs in the league. He's better than Hill or Thompson in the DB, I will certainly agree to that.

I don't think we have to have him to win, only because he is a game changer at KR/PR. While it's an advantage, we don't necassarily need that to win games. Griffen or Davis getting us good field position should be enough of an edge.

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Pacman is a better corner than Harper, Finnegan, Griffin, Hill, etc. So therefore we would be better. When I looked at the game last night I saw several plays that Pacman would have definitely made. Towards the end of last year Pacman was not allowing throws to his side of the field. Even if he did only have a few his way he was still making the play. Take for example he played Plaxico one on one in the Giants game. I don't see the other corners making those plays. Plaxico probably would have caught a few, they would have deflected a few but I don't they get INTs the way Pacman did. Also I don't think the other corners we have a good enough to make the end zone play that Pacman made in against the jags, consistently.

Maybe the Colts fan was talking about what was best for the Colt's. I am sure they are glad pacman wasn't playing Sunday and I am sure they hope he doesn't come back this year. We would have definitely won that game with Pacman. Pacman is good enough to shut Harrison down. That would leave Finnegan, harper and Hope to concentrate on Wayne and the TEs. Without anyone to throw to they would have had one less touchdown and guess who wins the game.

just my two cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar