Pacman Withdraws Appeal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans CB Pacman Jones has withdrawn his appeal to NFL Commissioners Roger Goodell's one-year suspension after a meeting between the two today. "I understand my responsibilities to my teammates, the Titans and my fans and I am committed to turning my life around and being a positive member of the NFL," Jones said in a statement issued by his agent, Michael Huyghue. "Last week, I asked for an opportunity to meet privately with commissioner Goodell. I met with him earlier today to tell him about the steps I have taken to change my life since being suspended by the NFL. I accept the discipline that's been imposed on me and I am withdrawing my appeal."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hooray for a high draft pick in the 08 draft!

:(

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

The two CB's we signed will be just as good if not better than adam. (if you count in not getting multiple personal fouls)

IMO We'll be much improved this year.

Also, IMO, he's only capitulating because he sees his job being given away and the commish probably told him straight up "forget it".

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what's it like living in the land of make believe?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't believe Pacman's quote for a minute.

I think Goodell either has the goods on him that some serious stuff is about to come his way OR he guaranteed that he's back in after the 10th game.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I was kind of thinking that too. I wonder if something is about to happen with Vegas or the Georgia ordeal, or if something else. I dont think there is any question that something has happened either with regards to Pac or Goodell. It makes no sense to drop the appeal if nothing has changed.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Goodell knows nothing.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Whats that matter? Goodell didnt drop the appeal, so Pac and his attorneys could easily know something. Or, Goodell could have told Pac to drop the appeal, and stay out of trouble, and he will be back week 11. Maybe a way of Goodell saving face. But something most definately happened. You dont drop an appeal and lose millions of dollars because you simply felt like dropping it.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I agree. It makes no sense to go this far with the appeal and then drop it, unless something has been worked behind the scenes or he's going to get into serious trouble either in Georgia or Nevada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar