Pacman Suspended entire season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Good job by NFL. Jones had no respect for the History of the game... the players that came before him... the fact he was given a free College education, Millions of dollars and a opportunity that very few people get in this world.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The one thing I like about the way the did this is that they're requiring the players to keep in touch with the team, that could help more than anything in keeping them in line. When Haynesworth was suspended last season he wasn't allowed in the Titans' facilities, that would have been a huge mistake with this situation, but Goodell definately went far against his previous statement that he wasn't trying to make an example out of either player.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Sorry, Joey Porter.

And my point is that from the reading of the media, this isn't for any specific off-field incident. It's just for being a bad boy and making the NFL look bad. T.O.'s antics, his "attempted suicide" etc have certainly done their bit for defining the image of NFL players.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

This is plain and simple bs. A statement has been made. Hopefully we'll see more of there harsh convictions in the coming weeks, if not I'll be feeling screwed big time.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

But did he need a full year? And what methods were being used? This is his first real suspension from the league, I know he was suspended for one preseason game, but I think that was a team imposed thing and it was the preseason. A full season seems very strict to me for his first punishment.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I believe Fisher suspended him last year for a couple of regular season games... the Jags game comes to mind.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree. If Pacman takes this on the chin and vows to help us for the last 6 games, then that is the most promising sign of him maturing.

I reckon Goodell had the letters written before he met with Jones and Henry last week. Mere formality, calling them in.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

BS. Your name is Titanpride? How can you be for the league taking away one of our best defensive players? you must have become accustomed to losing. who gives a turd about respect for the history of the game. Most players don't. Turn on your own team why don't you.:grrr:

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Puuuuuuh-lease! You think it's gonna hurt the NFL at all if a few of you don't buy sunday ticket or watch NFL games this year? And what are you gonna watch instead... I guess college exclusively? Have fun.

Pacman got what he deserved.

And all the whining that, "oh the titans can't make the playoffs, no chance"... whatever. Come on, who thought we had a chance to finish 8-8 with a shot at the playoffs last year? Who thought we would bounce back from our terrible start?

You never know what can happen in the NFL. There are always players that get injured that are stars. There are always "no-name" players that break out and majorly overperform. There are always "great" players that have terrible seasons.

So get over it. Pacman doesn't make the team, he was just one piece of it. While we may look in a worse spot now, it certainly doesn't mean we can't make the playoffs, or even win the superbowl.

The NFL is the most entertaining professional sports league in my eyes by a long shot. I am very excited for this season, will buy Sunday Ticket, and will attend almost every Titans home game plus already have one away trip planned.

So quit with doom and gloom. It really is ridiculous.

10. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

So is he suspended for the whole season or ten games?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar