Pacman Suspended entire season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Although if you read the fine print it really seems like a 10 game suspention
    Looks like they just wanted to make headlines with the entire season line

2. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Pac needs to take this like a man, do what needs to be done to get him back after week 10.. IMHO He stays a titan, and gets his nose clean, his head right and turn this thing around, I hope to god he can do it...

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

that's it, I'm officially (maybe, not sure yet LOL) boycotting the NFL, and definitely not getting Sunday Ticket this year (not sure yet either LOL)... This totally blows. If Goodell said it's his last chance, then we're (and he is) screwed... Hopefully, the NFLPA (although I doubt it) and his agent appeal ASAP. This is a damn shame... Hopefully, Harper is a shutdown corner :gag: and both Finnegan and Roby provide a spark on returns. Now, we almost have to move up to get Ginn (so our return game doesn't suffer), or we hope Revis or Houston are there for us. Which also means no help at RB, WR or DL in the first round. Look at how the Bengals' D suffered without Thurman last year... We need to get an impact player at 19... Now, giving up a 2nd or 3rd and reversing 1sts with SD for Turner is unreasonable... Life is great, we're 5 months away from the start of the season and things just went from aweful to can't get any worse... Rock on Titans, maybe next year we have a top 5 pick now... :irked:

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

chris houston, welcome to nashville...

5. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Pacman Suspended for Entire Season

SUMMARY: Pacman Jones is suspended for the entire 2007 season. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has contacted Jones of the suspension without pay for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions. In a letter to each player, Commissioner Goodell wrote: "Your conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club, and the NFL, and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising NFL career, and have risked both your own safety and the safety of others through your off-field actions. In each of these respects, you have engaged in conduct detrimental to the NFL and failed to live up to the standards expected of NFL players. Taken as a whole, this conduct warrants significant sanction."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

just was gonna say that flamehead2 lol...then i refreshed an found u had it there hahah...good stuff...

nyway this sucks bigtime he was one of the funest players in the league to watch both at cb and as a returner..and was already a star...man i hope he doesnt get in any more trouble an doesnt lose his skills durin this suspension...

from hearin all the interviews and what bulluck said...i think he can keep clean....and i know he really doesnt want to lose his job...getin kciked off by a team is one thing...gettin kicked out by the organization......u just lost what u trained for ur whole life.

i think he will stay clean an come back strong as ever in the final six games intime to take us to the playoffs

#90 Camp Fodder

Will they go back and suspend Ray Lewis now? What about Brad Hopkins? Or the guy in Chicago with the 300 assault weapons?

My bet is that this does not stick - it will go to arbitration and I just don't see a ban for the year.

What happens if he gets vindicated in these incidents? Talk about damages - he'd never have to play again.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

cant he appeal the suspension tho?

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

While this sucks, Pacman has no-one to blame but himself.

Dangerous precedent though. What suspension does Jerry Porter get, what about Tank Johnson, what about the other Bengals, etc.

Picking two players as your "examples", leaves this open to conjecture. It also appears from the wording of the links, that this is a suspension for "generally bringing the game into disrepute", not a specific incident. On that basis, T.O. should get a decade.

10. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

They will try to appeal it but i dont think it gets any better for Pac. This new commish is a douche and is wanting to make an example out of Pac and Chris Henry.

This really hurts us. I just hope Pac can do the right thing, stay in shape and be ready to come back by week 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar