Pacman On TV Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Just because kids see them as a role model doesn't truly make them one.

I went with my class as a teenager down to the local prison to have a few of the inmates speak to us about staying on the good side of the law. They weren't role models any more than Pacman is...
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Explain this one to me because I ain't buyin'. If a kid sees him as a role model. He's a role model to that kid.

Why not bring up Bob the Bagboy in front of the kids then to talk about living drug-free?

It's because athletes, entertainers, etc. are admired. They command attention. They are paid millions to endorse products for a reason.
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Not sure what that means.
    If kids see them as a role model, seems like that makes them role models.
    ?????
  4. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Perception vs reality. Yes, some people perceive celebrities as role models. That doesn't mean they really are role models.

Just because I think my toaster oven is God and I start praying to it, that doesn't really make it God...
  5. A.D.

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P. Staff

Statement by Pacman, reported on May 9, 2006: <blockquote>"I really don't give a (expletive) about what a lot of people say and that is really what my attitude is right now. I am just trying to be a role model for the people that love me. I can't worry about what the media and other people are saying because if I do that I definitely won't be mentally strong."</blockquote> http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060509/SPORTS01/605090366
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:lol:

Beauty can be in the eye of the beholder yet who their role models are can't be?

I think we are debating a fine line here. If people perceive a celeb being a role model then, to that person, they are a role model.

I once had a great four slicer I was more fond of than I should have been. I haven't found one which could brown bagals as evenly since.
  7. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

If you look at someone as a role model, then they are your role model. They are the model you use to shape the role you want to play in life.

I don't see any gray area there. It has nothing to do with believing a toaster is anything else.

You make someone your role model by watching them and what they stand for, and then living your life by that model.
  8. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

OK then, for the sake of avoiding an argument on wording, can we at least agree that entertainers should not be considered role models?

BTW, I loved that Toaster. Don't blaspheme the Toaster.. :ha:
  9. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

we all have our messaihs dont we SK
  10. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

That's fine, but who has been living their life like the model that Pacman Jones has set out?

I think there's confusion here between being a fan of a player and considering them your role model...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.