Pacman On TV Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't see why people get so worked up over Pacman. He isn't a felon. He isn't mugging old ladies. He hasn't been found to be using drugs thus far.

As far as we can see, he's immature and perhaps has some questionable friends. I'm not overly attached to the guy, but I'm confused as to why everyone seem so prepared to crucify him already...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Where in anything have I said he is a bad person? I haven't.

This is about how he feels that he is being somehow judged unfairly. I don't see the double-standard some speak of here.

When you are involved in stuff, fans will judge. Whether right or wrong, it is the way it is.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

SK, Riverman, and other PJ apologists

I believe Pacman said it best:
    “If you’re in the spotlight, you’re going to get scrutiny for every little thing,”
    Is this fair? I don't know maybe not, but it is REALITY.

If you know people are watching you, you can't go around doing stupid things and then cry about being scrutinized. You have to be above the fray. And it doesn't matter whether or not Jones has done anything illegal, the standard for him is higher than that, like it or not.

I'm so sick of celebrities who strive for fame and fortune whining about not wanting to be a "role model." Guess what, that's part of the package. If you want a life where you can screw around all you want and not get called on it, then be a fan. This "well, he did something bad too and he didn't get in trouble" puke is for elementary school. Grow up Adam.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Wychek gets "countless BS rumors constantly going on about players" and Pac gets "needs an ankle bracelet".

No disrespect to anyone, but to judge others presumes that we ourselves are 100% correct.

Lay-off Pac.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since this was directed to me, allow me to comment.

You were the first to mention the Wycheck thing and I hear a lot of things. But so be it. Rumors happen. But even if it is (whatever it is) is true, is it newsworthy?

My comment on Pacman and the ankle bracelet was a joke. If you go back and read more about my feelings towards Pacman, you'll see a trend. I don't think he is a bad person but immature.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I would say pac mans main problem is looking lost on the field. I can not remember how many time he was out of position before the play started and then complains about it. Hopefully this year he will come in with a little less ego and a little more experience and be that cover back we all want him to be.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Honestly TJ, there is hardly anyone on the board who treats issues and individuals with more respect. I know this. I know your sentiment towards Pac is as you mention above.

Personally, I'm compelled to defend him for several reasons.

1. Hardly anybody else does.
    2. His immaturity provokes a lot of hate toward him.
    3. People often get irrational attacking him.
    4. I really believe he is going to have phenomenal production in the NFL and I want it to be in two-tone blue.
    5. I respect his independance and intensity.

Anyway, absolutely no disrespect to you TJ.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Pacman suffers from SMS (short man syndrome) and delusional paranoia.
    He also has a low Common Sense IQ as well as chronic Blameititis. He's also a schitzophrenic as well as an insomniac.

But he could be worse...

9. I don't see myself as a Pacman apologist. I'm not defending what he's done. I'm saying he hasn't really done anything, at least not anything illegal. He's immature, but that's no reason to go nuts.

Maybe it's just my sense of celebrities. I don't really give a crap what actors or musicians or athletes do in their off time for the most part. Someone's autograph is generally meaningless to me unless it's on a check made out to me...

I like to hear good things about our players and I don't like hearing the bad stuff. But they aren't role models, they are entertainers.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They are to a lot of kids.
    Especially the ones he (Pac) went to, with the media, to have a chat with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar