Pacman On TV Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hey - I'm buying the sizzle not the steak!

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Many people would agree with you but would argue he didn't go to help out the kids, but he went because it was a staged event by his agent for his benefit. If he went just to talk to the kids, his agent didn't need to notify the media about it. Or so some critics would say.

I agree others might have done worse but it's in bad taste and very poor judgment for him to say so. That stuff won't fly too well in the locker room or in the public eye. He needs to shut the hell up and let his play on the field do the talking, IMHO.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

of course, i can't wait til he's a star on the field this season.

one day for people he's some gangsta on the streets pushin the weed and then the next sunday hes their hero in life. come on now. be serious. you either love him or you don't....

im not going to sit here and defend his off the field actions, but then again he's never been charged with any such crime, so ya know...

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Alright, here's the link to the Tennessean article:
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060523/SPORTS01/605230364/1027

Here's another bit and quote from the article:

He's been making stops at the club for nearly six months, he said, sharing stories about being raised by his grandmother in a tough Atlanta neighborhood.

"We don't call the media every time," he said with a grin. "For the most part I'm just giving back to the kids that I can relate to and the people that I can relate to. I'll be here off and on like I have been since I am back in town."

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

When are we going to hear any good Pacman news?
    I see where Riverman, Starkiller, and others are coming from...

I agree. I support Pacman. Pacman is a real talent.

however...

This was a staged thing. If there is anything he should not screw up it should have been this... all he had to do was not be a *******. It's that simple. No, he dumped all over his team, laid blame, shunned responsibilty... whatever... just the tone of the remarks had "I'm an idiot" written all over them. I really like Pacman. I like some of his flaws. They make him special. I sorta identify with the guy in a way... but that's not relevent...

Pacman... If I see Adam Jones again... you are going to have a problem. :grrr:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do understand we are talking about two people here.

Pacman Jones - guy who strings out profane-laden tirades in his driveway, loans the ride to dealers, has 2 am rap feuds, gets benched for numerous brain farts and has yuletide locker room meltdowns.

Here is his photo:

[​IMG]

Adam Jones - stages media gathering at local inner-city school helping the kids and busts punt returns for TDs and gives the ball to coach.

Here is his photo:

[​IMG]

There is a difference.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

yeah... that is exactly what I'm talking about...
    thing is... I've got it the other way around.

What does it say on the #32 jersey? :brow:

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

His Momma named him Adam. I'll call him Adam.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The guy is kid FOOTBALL PLAYER. No, he's not the Titan AMBASSADOR we want him to be, but people are getting UNREAL in what they expect of him.

Although he shouldn't have said it, what he said IS TRUE. The media spin on the Haynesworth situation exemplifies it. Read the Tennessean article- it isn't laced with inuendo and indirect references the way Pac's articles are. The bottom line is people love to hate and they love to hate guys like Pac who have a "me against the world attitude". Some people latch on to his culture and call him a "thug", some call him out on his immaturity, some call him out on his dedication.

He is what he is. IMO, he IS immature and he HAS made stupid NON-TEAM oriented penalites, and no doubt that HAS to stop. But, he IS a phenomenal talent and he DOES give 100% on the field. He HAS gone to the boys club for a long time without media and he does have loyalty to those he trusts.

My summary point is- LAY OFF PEOPLE. Don't validate your own values off of NFL football player there are better role models for that. And BE REAL, when you judge (or malign) Pac.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

props to Riverman! :applause:

never wavers... better red than dead...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar