Pacman Likely to Share Return Duties

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

yeah but wade wasnt a rookie last year was he? No, he wasn't. Pac was and is still learning...probably much improved from last year...why not give Pac a shot to do both then see where it goes from there?

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

because we dont want to get our #6 pick hurt returning punts. i wish he would get back there but the coaches know that until we get strong depth at corner we cant take that kind of chance. besides... wade...when he caught the ball... had as good of an average as pac

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Wade wouldnt be the first guy that got wavied and had a great career with another team. Coach Fisher wont put Wade back there if he cant catch the ball or continues to fumble. Im hoping these problems can be cured by coaching and Fisher is as good or better than anyone coaching the return game. Pac is will have to cover our opponents #1 receiver this year so I hope someone else can return punts just to make the D better.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

And this is evidenced by our stellar return game over the past decade? Maybe my memory is failing me but Music City Miracles aside I don't recall the Oilers/Titans' return game being anything other than adequate under Fisher's regime (perhaps with the exception of D. Mase's brief stint as return man). Like I said maybe my memory is failing me on this (I'm too lazy to go look up the Titans' yearly return stats). If I'm wrong feel free to give me a smack upside the head (perhaps that'll jog my recall). :)

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

nope. Fisher is on record as saying he does not use starters on ST.

Plenty of other teams use starters on ST.

Fisher used starters on ST last year and all of a sudden Lowrey did not look so terrible as a ST coach.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

wouldnt do it

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what about last year?

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I do recall some exciting moments last year, but I just checked and the Titans weren't in the NFL's top ten in either kick or punt return avg. in 2005.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

where are you getting your stats?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-RETURNS/2005/regular?sort_col_1=8

if im reading that correctly, they were 7th in punt returns and tied for 4th in kick off returns.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Uhhh ooops! Like I said earlier, sometimes a smack upside the head is required to jumpstart my brain. :fish: :chairwack :bonk2: Thanks bigtitan53279

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar