Pacman Likely to Share Return Duties

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

yeah - seem to be more violent collisions on kick returns than punt returns to me. On punts the biggest risk of injury seems in not fair catching a ball and getting drilled, but as long as he catches the ball Pac seems in control of things out there on the punt returns. He'll score some TDs for us returning punts.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Why waste all the talent. You ought to want to get the ball into your best players hands as much as possible. It's going to cost us points. It's going to cost us field position. And Titans history proves that when we have playmakers back there we win. And when we have TE's and FB's returing kicks we lose. Fisher has been around long enough to know this. It's part of our culture. We are a kickoff return team by nature.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if wade struggles we'll see pac back there. but give the guy a shot, he had a better average than pacman did and the same amount of TDs.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Remember some of Pac's (1 or 2) were called back. How many for Wade? Pacman struck me as much more dangerous on PR, and I'd leave him there. Let Wade and Roby if necessary do KOR. I'd start out this way and adjust if need be.

Lowry is too slow IMO. His success at it in college probably won't translate as well in the NFL. What does he run? 4.54?

Anyone read the supplemental draft thread? JUCO linebacker Dave Dixon ran 4.42 at his pro day (6' 2", 245 lb) and not only lead his team with ridiculous tackle total, he had a ridiculous PR average. His coach said he could run a 4.4 in jeans.

Pac is too electrifying on PR IMO not to put him back there. I can live with switching them, but as was pointed out, Pac didn't do too well at times on KOR.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he ranked higher on KOR

6. The Bears waived Wade last year because he fumbled a ton of punt returns. I'm not really sure I want him doing that job...

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure how many Wade fumbled on punt returns but last year he had 10 total fumbles and lost 4. Wade had 3 fumbles in one game against Cincy and 4 fumbles in a game against SF. Doesn't sound good. Apparently Fisher has confidence in Wade but I'm curious to see why.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How many games were in Chicago?

San Fran is pretty windy as well.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As a punt returner, Fisher should be a good judge of talent there. He remembers what it was like to catch punts in Chicago. Maybe he feels he can coach up Wade.

10. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Good point Jeff and as I recall Pac had a fumble or two and made some really bad decisions last year. I think both have the ability to score Wade is very dangerous and if he can handle it Pac will be much fresher on D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar