Pacman Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think getting 15 yd penalties and losing games is the way to protest.
    Like Ewker said, Fisher is on the committee.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah and apparently da Boyz got over it this offseason

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think the rule was "taunting" as opposed to bad language.

AJ could have said anything he wanted to as long as he did not jump in RBs face.

I want to see this "taunting" called when the ratbirds are hovering over the opponents after they make a tackle, or gayton running back onto the field to try and score when the officials were already in the tunnel - THAT was taunting the fans!

4. Hoffa

What about when someone makes a first down, and then jumps up and points>>
    ?

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I agree.

That should be considered taunting.

That can be as "in your face" as getting in someone's face.

6. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

Why is that much different than celebrating (individually) after a touchdown?

They didn't ban all celebrations.

Maybe if you stand right in front of the guy you beat, and direct the first down gesture towards him specifically.

7. Hoffa

Too bad they can't just play like the guys 20-30 years ago did.
    Culture has de-evolved into garbage.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I saw a qb sack yesterday where the DL was laying on ground and just grabs the qb's foot. Whistle. Sack. I mean that is just wussy football. The qb was just standing there like what the hell. Maybe this new commishoner will bring the game back to the people. Maybe he will build a coliseum, bring the people death, and we will love him for it.

As far as swearing, I get it, and it does take away from the game, but they are only words and nothing more. There ought to be an option for the parent to watch the 20 second delay or the adult version with no delay.

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I loved the way Pacman played Saturday. He was flying to the ball and **gasp** making tackles. Swatting down passes and laying into Reggie Bush. I couldn't care less about the 15 yrd penalty, he got fired up said something then IMMEDIATLY knew he did something wrong. Last year I could vision him arguing with the Ref about that penalty, this year he took it like a man and went on playing. He got fired up, he got to put a massive hit on 2005 Heisman winner "The Legendary" Reggie Bush. Who else would have got up and said something to him after a hit like that, **raises hand**. I'd be guilty of that as well if I was playing. It is a new rule, but everytime they make a new rule it takes the players time to adjust, just like the whole Pass Interference revision had an impact on all DB's.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Aside from the 15 yard penalty, i saw alot in Pacman Jones that looked very promising in this upcoming season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar