Pacman Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

The best thing that I saw tonight is that Pacman has seen to learn how to tackle and hit..... This is great news. Also, he has seen to got better in coverage as well because he forced the QB's from the Saints to throw toward Renyaldo Hills side.... He also looked good returning the ball, but we know what he can do there. If he can keep this up he might actually live up to the hype... Maybe he sees that behaving (except for trash talking) does have its upsides.... Hope he keeps it up!!!!

Titans2871

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he wasnt even near bush long enough to talk trash. it looked to me like all he did was shake his head.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Seems not many were.

But, if Pacman can keep out of trouble off field and avoid dumb penalties I see no problem with him.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I agree, the new and "improved" taunting rule is way off. It's a physical game, where people get excited and pumped up - not chess..

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I agree that taunting should be illegal, especially if directed at the fans, however a little trashtalking never hurt anyone.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

taunting illegal? it doesnt hurt anyone.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No but if you spike the football on the midfield logo of your opponents homefield, for instance, it's a slap in the face of the fans, and that shouldn't be allowed.

However I have no problem with trashtalking or taunting of an individual player (as long as it doesn't cross the line for racisme and the likes). I've never understood why for instance it wasn't allowed to point at the player you just burned for a TD and now you can't even walk up to him and say "I'm gonna beat you all day long" or something to that effect.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why?

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gunny, that T.O. thing in Dallas a few years ago was just bad sportsmanship.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

How ever Pacman's personal foul was absolute garbage. It did look as if the barely, just barely kissed face masks. That may of been what triggered the flag. Plus there is an emphasis and rule tweak for this season and Pacman is a chronic offender. The flag was ticky tacky. Pacman didn't get near a line let alone cross it under the old standard. I can think of no player in that game to better make an example of. The commissioner wants to make an impression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar