Pacman Jones is my role model

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by User Name, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One thing to consider in all this is that the majority who come to this forum as among the most informed fans out there. And even though we all know Pacman hasn't been accused of a crime, and may not be directly involved, some here still label him a thug and a criminal.

It makes you wonder what the less informed fan thinks of him. You can bet it's much worse.

The perception out there of Pacman to those who don't bother to look at the facts is what we've seen on TV this week showing clips of him in handcuffs at night court, a truckload of pot, cussing a reporter in front of his house, of cops in front of his house wanting to talk to him about the shooting, etc.

Perception is important if you want people to buy into your product. That is what Pacman needs to understand. Whether fair or not, he is directly related to these events.

At what point does it tarnish the image of the Titans (if it hasn't already). The team spends millions trying to be a positive part of the community. Just this week, players have gone to Fort Campbell and are going to Gallatin to visit tornado victims. The caravan is about to hit the road again this year. All to build image.

And this image gets tarnished everytime Pacman's name is associated with something like we've seen this week. Some of this stuff makes a DUI and domestic violence look like a ticket for jaywalking.

Jones needs to be working to become one of the faces of the Titans. He should have companies on his doorstep wanting him to endorse their product. He's leaving possibly millions on the table the more his name is associated with the kind of stuff it has this week.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He should be a great player, we definitely saw a few truly great things from him last year. He's got great vision on returns and can find the holes. I hope his CB game steps up this year and we see some picks.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amen, Jeff. That's something that he clearly just hasn't thought about, or no one's told him about it. In Pac Man's situation, you'd think his agent would try to get some of this through to him. Then again, who knows if he'd listen.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

something like this?

[​IMG]

:brow:

Kami is gonna kill me now.

5. Good image mate.

I think we should just leave Pacman to rot in a cell all offseason and then come back in training camp and then win the superbowl in 07
    (apologies for sarcasm)

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am sure the bail bonds companies might like him :brow:

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You ain't right...:ha:

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's been about 6-8 months since I've jumped in on a Pac-Man thread. I've been big on him-he's got talent-came from a bad neighborhood- let him grow- blah blah blah.

But the truth is, he polarized the locker room last year (mostly with his on the field antics) and the team suffered. He has to walk a straighter line than any other member of the team, ESPECIALLY on the field. If he keeps his "team-play" rock solid and shows some maturity, I still have no problem with him. Fish has put his neck out on the media chopping block for Pac. Fish will have to do something if Pac acts up on the field.

9. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

stop dogging on Pac he will get nit straightened out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar