Pacman Facing Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think that would kick him out of the league.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I do too. But if he is charged with a felony he will get kicked out too, plus serve prison time probably. He isnt in a good position here I dont think. He better hope the DA decides their isnt enough evidence to actually press charges.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I realize you mean "convicted of a felony". There is nothing in the hints of the policy that I am aware of suggests a felony "charge" will get you kicked out.

Our legal system is not perfect, but we have stick by it. Pac probably is skilled in "skating" and has been educated in some form on ways to avoid incriminating himself. That said, law enforcement and the DA do exactly the same in their methods to acquire evidence. It appears to me, that either Pac has beaten the system with these charges or he actually was innocent of the more heinous crimes that Robert Susnar originally spread out across the media. The fact that no solid evidence is supporting Susnar's or the victim's family's claims indicates the media was premature and/or inaccurate. IMO, the media went with the sensational story of a notoriously disliked NFL player in trouble without giving equal time to both sides. It was very damaging to Pac. Responsible journalism would have investigated the claims before publication.

As an aside, to his credit, our own Paul Kuharsky has evened up the tone to his reporting that we initially saw.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Pac knows the law, heck his Mama spent time in prison. Seriously, most every brother from the real 'hood could probably work part time as a law clerk for a defense attorney. There's no way that Pac is gonna snitch on any of his people and vice versa. His people are going to take one for "Team Pac" because he is their meal ticket and will pay for their legal fees.

The media is not sticking to journalistic ethics. They wrote and reported stories that made it seem as if Pac was indeed charged, when in truth, the police just made a recommendation. I had 2 people come to me about Pac being charged, which wasn't true. When I broke down the truth to them, they were a bit peeved with the Tennessean and Channel 2 news.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah I meant convicted, not charged, sorry.

I have a little different take on it. I think this is where Pac's friends are finallly going to catch up with him. Like I mentioned earlier, I think the felony charge is nothing more than to try to get him to roll over on the shooter. I think they are confident enough in their thinking that Pac is linked to the shooter, and this is going to be their method of getting it out of him. If they knew who the shooter was, I dont think he would be charged with coercion, at least as a felony. Who has ever heard of coercion as a charge in a situation like this? But by charging him with a felony, it puts him in a position to where he almost has to roll over on the shooter, or risk prison time.

And again, I certainly am not a fan of the overall news media. And I didnt hear the Susnar guy on the radio, so I cant really comment on that. But like I said earlier, this is a guy who constantly fines himself in the middle of something, which is the reason he is generally disliked. Because of that, the media is certainly going to jump all over him when something like this happens. Maybe it isnt fair, but he has brought it on himself and I cant feel sympathy for him to be honest. I think Pac is damaging to Pac more so than the media.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Media and ethics in the same sentence.

There's an oxymoron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar