Pacman Facing Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Sadly, most of my co-workers and the other people that I run into on a daily basis have the attitude of RollTide. Heck, a few even said that they wished that Pacman would get shot. This view infuriates me! Yes, Pac was at a club. Someone stole from Pac first. Then it got ugly. Now the media is trying to hang a halo above the club owner and the bouncer's heads. Listen, it sucks that someone got paralyzed from this incident, but Pac didn't pull any triggers. Every piece of media that I have seen covering the issue uses Pacman's name and "security guard shot" within a few seconds of each other. People who only hear one or two clips of this story automatically thinks that Pac, the dirty rotten thug, must have ordered a hit on this guy for allowing the money to be stolen or something to that effect. People have been conditioned to think that way through movie and tv show plots. A rich guy that is involved in shady business sometimes gets mad and uses his "goonies" to do his bidding. I just hate the way that this issue has brought out some major racism in this area. I hope Pac gets a chance to get out of this and change. Everyone that has spent time with Pac has said that he isn't a bad guy and that his association with old buddies is his biggest problem. Bulluck, Deion Sanders, VY, etc... all say he is a nice guy. I tend to like the old fashioned "innocent until proven guilty" compared to today's "guilty until proven innocent" or target the millionaire of the bunch. Where's my America?

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I think it's the Rolaids way. :lol:

Fish stuck his neck out to get Pac. From what I heard, everyone wanted to draft Antrelle Rolle.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Relieved as in Pacman getting punished by the league so that Fish won't have to bench or cut him from the team for scrutiny/punishment (proving a point) purposes..

The way i look at it is that it would not in the best interest of mgt to throw pacman back on the field from game one in 07.. and obviously we can't afford to cut him nor would that be an option because another team will definitely sign him before the ink on his release form is dry.... so i suppose Jeff would be glad if some action is taken against pacman so he doesn't have to, and have his fingers crossed that Pac comes back a better person.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

They'll also be on the Wake-Up Zone in the 10:00 hour (Central) -- which is a better show if you're near a computer then.

5. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

It's reported that Jones will meet with Commissioner Goodell on April 3rd to discuss his gang-banger actions.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

goodell doesnt look like a strict guy

7. Dutchman

Dutchman Guest

Pacman to be Charged

I have a real problem with the attitude that I should fight with a security guard in a nightclub. Fighting back is downright stooopid! The club hires these guys to break up altercations and eject troublemakers. All in the name of protecting the majority of the paying customers.

If I’m attacked (by a bouncer) for no good reason, fine, I’ll sue them later….if I have a good case. If I’m attacked (by a bouncer), fine, I’ll get ejected and then plead my case with the management later. But it is just plain stupid to get into a fight with the guy! Don’t give me this “defend myself” stuff! I lost that right to a defense when I walked into the place that had security guards and I get into a fight with someone. If I want to go to a place that does not have security guards, then I may need to defend myself!

The answers to the observation and question posed by Vigsted of “…I think charging people on coercion that way is BS. You mean to tell me if I get involved in a fight at a bar, and the bouncer comes over and tries to kick my ***, it's a felony if I defend myself?” is no (IMO) to the observation and yes to the question!

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Pac didn't pull the trigger. But if he says to the bouncer, "I'm going to kill you" and later that evening the bouncer is shot, it is very suspicious.

And what kind of a man walks into a strip club with 81K in change in a hefty bag? I mean, it's not pac's fault it was stolen. But it's a dumb move.

Pacman should realize that as multi-million dollar athlete, he is going to be under more scrutiny than say, you or I. All the bad press, publicity, whatever, is Pacman's fault. No one made him create all these bad situations with the law. No one made him act the way he did in Murfreesboro, Georgia, Vegas, or anywhere else. There is no "everyone out to get Pacman" conspiracy. This level of scrutiny is the price you pay when you become a high paid/profile athlete in America.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we should create a color map with all the states that have criminal charges against 'em. Then we can color code states with potential charges. And mark states that Pac Man has not entered yet.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

sounds like a job for PitBull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar