Pacman Ends Season as #1 Punt Returner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Pacman Jones ended the season leading the AFC in punt return yardage with 440 total yards in part due to his 81-yard return for a touchdown Sunday. The touchdown return, Jones’ third of the season, tied Billy “White Shoes” Johnson’s franchise record for TD returns in a season. Jones’ 12.9 average per return was best in the league, nosing out Chicago Bears rookie Devin Hester, who finished with 600 total yards and a 12.8 per return average.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

For a Titans team, who at one point was using Tight End to return kickoffs, I'm excited that we finally have a return game on all fronts. We went a good 15 years with nobody until Mason and Pac Man.

3. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

Waka Waka Waka

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's better than Hester by a long shot. Hester usually makes one cut and then it's a clear shot to the endzone. Much better blocking on their special teams.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Hester maybe the fastest player in the NFL. But I don't think he has nowhere near the same vision as Pacman, Pac's vision is amazing, and Pac's balance is a lot better and he's a lot more elusive, this makes Pacman extremely hard to tackle...

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Pac Man Plays defense, while Hester does not , should that should be taken into account?, I think so

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah he really filled 2-3 needs on this team and is coming on as a top corner....the sky's the limit for this guy.

8. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

:yell2: We need a Pacman Smilie

Congrats Pac! Keep it up...

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Pacman is one of the most ridiculously talented players I've ever seen.

There have been a number of amazing returners in recent memory, but very few of them make significant contributions in other areas, as well. Even Dante Hall, who is one of the best returners I've ever seen, was never more than a #3 WR in the Chiefs' offense.

Pacman has pretty established himself as an absolutely dominant returner, and a threat to score every time he touches the ball....but when he's not returning punts, he's shutting down his side of the field as a cornerback.

The more I see of the league's elite corners, the more I appreciate the remarkable progress we've seen in Pacman's game.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There were some that said he could only do this, that he would not be a good corner. I'm very glad he did both very, very well this year :yes: :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar