Pacman Charged With 2 Felonies for Vegas!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not mistaken at all. Your example does not reflect the situation that Pac encountered. Your example has a standard that is known prior to accepting employment AND the standard is stated for all to apply. If some people were allowed to have tats and piercings and your were not, you would have grounds for unfair labor practice IF you could prove the policy was not equally applied. Additionally, the burden to convince a judge and/or jury would be on you if you were the plaintiff complaining against your employer.

Few people will dispute that the suspension Pac received was excessive and unprecedented. (I'm not saying undeserved)

In the prior post, I've stated that although Pac has grounds for a suit based on excessive punishment and arbitrary standards, there is no way in hell he could convince a jury that he is credible. The defense would destroy him before the case went 30 minutes into it. Plus, he already accepted/acknowledged his punishment as fair by withdrawing his appeal.

I'm not a Pac apologist. It's important to clarify issues that are incorrectly represented.

2. texcoltfan

texcoltfan Camp Fodder

Haha. Good one. I'll bet he didn't "make it rain" at the police station. :grrhee:

3. texcoltfan

texcoltfan Camp Fodder

What does that have to do with anything? Should the gang members who shot him be suspended by the NFL? I don't think they play. Should Williams be suspended? He's dead.

Darrent Williams getting killed has nothing to do with Adam Jones.

Anyway, the poster said gunshots "on multiple occasions." You're comparing a single incident to an obvious pattern.

What is the common denominator in all of these incidents? Is it the bouncer? The jealous thug that happens to run into Pac? The bar owner who wants to drum up business for his club? Or could it be the professional football player who that likes to "make it rain?" Seriously, name anyone other than Jones who has been found at the scene of more than one of these incidents.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Not to say that he doesn't deserve a presumption of innocence, but the "victim card" can only be played so many times before people stop believing it.

4. texcoltfan

texcoltfan Camp Fodder

No, he didn't. Please provide proof to support your statement. The district attorney himself said there was no evidence to support that claim and the lawsuit was dropped.

Should I start saying "Gump-Pacman coerced?" At least Pacman has been charged with that crime. Marvin was never even charged with anything and yet you say he "choked a teenager." Please.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Perhaps the question of an NFL player being in a similar situation where gun shots occurred.

No, because if Pacman wasn't at this shooting then there isn't an obvious pattern. It's still a one off and someone name dropped.

Pacman has been at ONE scene and that was Vegas.

6. texcoltfan

texcoltfan Camp Fodder

So Kyle Vanden Bosch is wrong when he says Pacman is "running out of second chances?"

I mean, according to you, this is the first real problem. I guess KVB doesn't know what you know. I guess there is no "second chance" involved because this incident is the first of its kind, right?

You do know that Pacman has been arrested five (or is it technically now six?) times since the Titans drafted him, right? Once again, I guess Adam is just the "victim" every time. Let's just ignore the fact that he is the common denominator in every one of these incidents.

This mentality really blows my mind. I mean, I love sports, but I would never blindly defend a player simply because he played for my favorite team. I have been a vocal critic of many Colts and Pacers players. Pacman is your Ron Artest. How many fans do think Artest had in Indy after the second or third incident? Very few, my friend. Some things are more important than sports. Of course, not to the Titans fans who said (paraphrasing) "you'll be sorry when a corner gets burned" or "boucers often deserve to get crippled."

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Are you the RollTide of Indianapolis fans?

When did I say KVB was wrong?
    When did I say it was Pacman's first problem? When I say one scene I was referring to a shooting.

You go off on your tangents that no one believes. Spouting the company line that everyone knows and agrees with doesn't make you smart.

You inability to read blows my mind.

I'm not defending Pacman but I am not going to hang him out because it is the 'cool' thing to do. If he wasn't at the shooting the other day and has absolutely nothing to do with it then there is no need to talk as if he were there and it was his fault.
    Yes talk about his idiocy about going to a strip club again but there is nothing to gain by pointing out what isn't proven yet.

Who said that?

8. texcoltfan

texcoltfan Camp Fodder

No, but he seems like a level-headed fellow.

You did say, "Pacman has been at ONE scene and that was Vegas." What exactly constitutes a "scene?"

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to know that he has only been at the scene of one SHOOTING. That's a relief.

I'm pretty much spouting the Titans' (not enemy's) company line: Pacman's troubles are no longer a concern of the Titans. They have to get to work on trying to find a way to win the division instead of letting the Colts win it...again. Pacman is of no concern at this point. He might be in 2008 but even that is a longshot.

What did you say? I can't read.

Yes, you are.

Did you just jump in this thread? Bobo tha Titan" said: "I have been in several clubs where these type guys like to show out in front of the women and abused their powers, sometimes what goes around comes around. My thoughts are that bad things happen to a person when they do bad things."

I clearly stated I was paraphrasing.

The other post is around here somewhere (trust, me I didn'y just make it up) but I don't feel like looking for it.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Birds of a feather

Again the scene of a shooting which he was potentially involved in. Remember how you said he was talking about multiple occasions. I am pointing out it is likely there isn't multiple occasions as of now.

How? Because I am not willing to hang him for things he probably wasn't involved it.
    I prefer the facts to be proven, sorry if you don't.

I don't doubt it, but I read a lot of threads here so I am not expected to remember everything said.

Though bouncers abusing power is common, I agree with that and I am not saying he - or any - deserves to be crippled.

10. texcoltfan

texcoltfan Camp Fodder

Fair enough. Nice debating with you. Though I don't particularly care for the Titans, I actually like them better than the POS Jaguars (and, of course, the Patriots).

At 3:30, it's now time for bed for those of us in the States (at least, those of us in the Eastern time zone). What is it, afternoon where you are?

Later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar