Pacman Charged With 2 Felonies for Vegas!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny..

I didn't say he was guilty. You seemed to think they were still considering charges.

Of course the national football league has basically sentenced him by not letting him play for a year a sentence that will cost him more than a million dollars, 11 million mexican pesos. The nfl already handed down a 4 week sentence on poor pac. So if you have a gripe about innocent until proven guilty take it up with goodell fisher and reinsfeld. They are the ones agreeing to a punishment for a man who has yet to be found guilty. 4 weeks followed by a year is pretty damned hefty for a guy making a salary of $1.2M and wait until reinsfeld desides to get some of that signing bonus back.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You are looking at one incident. How many other NFL players have been in/around/near a strip club or other location where gunshots have occurred..on multiple occasions?

Trust me, if another NFL player had racked up the list of incidences that Jones had the NFL commish would be talking to them too.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I believe you are very mistaken. Would you get hired to be a "Budweiser Girl"? Not a chance. So is that discrimination? I have worked many jobs where I have to do MC work, and every employer I have ever applied with states - No long hair, no visable tattoos or piercings. So you know UP FRONT what is required of you. If you don't want to work for a company like that, you don't apply. Pacman, as every incoming NFL player does, had to sign a performance contract. It gave him guidelines that the NFL requires. If he didn't want the $6M, he could go sell drugs and then no one would know he was arrested, or give a damn.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's also look at another example of NFL justice, and maybe you can understand why they are coming down so hard on Pacman. Haynesworth was suspended for 6 games, for cutting a guy's head open. I played rugby for 20 years, and saw worse than that many times. If that had happened outside...let's say even a strip club, to a private citizen, would the penalty be as harsh? Haynesworth was not even arrested, and look at the money he lost. Very few people argued at all about his suspension. This incident took all of 30 seconds to happen, and look what it cost him. Now look at Pac's history since he signed with the Titans, and 10 games (at one time) seems minor. If you drive people to rob a bank, and sit in the getaway car, guess what, you are just as guilty as the people that went inside. Keep that in mind.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im upset Pac cut his dreads, did anyone else find this to be a downer

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

There is already a "Dread thread"...but doing this now is like locking the barn door after the horses are gone.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Joey Porter got shot in the ***.

Darrent Williams was killed.

But if Pacman wasn't even there (at the shooting) and was name dropped for whatever reason (easy target maybe?) then this second incident shouldn't even be remembered as anything extraordinary.

Joey Porter hasn't done enough? Assault, scene of a shooting at a club, his dogs killing a horse (or horses) and I am sure there is more.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I know how to read.

I am pretty sure that was what Pacman was going to do in his appeal before he dropped it.

And the NFL doesn't work in a court of law.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny has a point this time..

Joey porter needs some serious downtime as well. 6 games at the least.

And thanks gunny for letting me know the nfl doesn't operate as a court of law. Geez i didn't know that. :rolleyes:

Still the nfl is a very powerful organization that is capable of punishing players in a manner that can cost them millions in cluding their ability to earn a luctrative living. If you actually believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty as an absolute isn't the nfl punishment of pacman premature? You have been harping on this concept ad nasueam.

I just confused you didn't i?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well luckily for you I wasn't talking about the NFL and it's suspension, I was talking about the law.

If I harp on it ad nauseam why do you need to ask me again?

Keep dreaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar