pacman arrested

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I thought of the "Ron White" thing too.

People don't make their best decisions while drunk, or even the next morning.

I can imagine being toasted, and discovering I was a victim of theft, and saying some inappropriate things too.

Assuming that his wallet got stolen, then the cops sent a victim to jail.
    He didn't hit anyone, but went to jail for being angry and yelling about it.

That said, just what is the appeal of attending a rap show in the 'boro?

2. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

I hate this for this dude. I think he is a due to have a big year. You have to suspend him for maybe the rest of the preseason if you want to have any control over this team. If Fisher don't come strong here then the season is over before it started and Fisher's job is doomed.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And nothing happened to Finnegan for his DUI.

Some people here said that his DUI was to be dealt with by the Law while White would be dealt with by the coach.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I haven't had time to read all the posts here as I'm due at work. My thoughts are;
    When bailing ones self out of jail, knowing that cameras are everywhere, release your Johnson and put your hands in your pockets. Had your hands been there from the beginning, you might still have your wallet!
    If Fisher does a sweep-job on this, with all the 'no tolerance' talk, he might want to look for a Pittsburgh realestate broker.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Fisher is the one who said ZERO POLICY. This isn't Jones first dance with the law and it won't be his last.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

That quote is completely meaningless. You can SAY that all you want, but the CBA prevents you from actually doing anything about it. Players arent subject to discipline until they are convicted.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Being sat for a game is overboard IMO, the guy was not at a team even (like White). It was an after hours thing the law and PacMan should be the ones dealing with this. I would think that the team might want to suggest counseling or something to get his issues under control though but the team should not be managing his life.

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

This has to play out in the legal system. For Fisher to suspend Jones for this incident without it having gone to court, would be an admission of guilt on Jones' behalf. The "no tolerance" policy will and should apply to off the field issues that have been decided by the law. That is why he suspended White for the spitting incident, it was a team issue, not a legal issue.

Now, my theory gets a little fuzzy when you look at the way they handled Stark's off the field incident. But, I will defend that by saying, he turned himself over to police, thereby admitting his guilt, 90 minutes before kick -off. I can't blame Fisher for sitting him for that game.

Having said all of that, I would be surprised if Jones gets suspended for the game on Saturday.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Turning yourself over to police doesnt admit guilt. And if Fisher is going to have a no tolerance policy then Pacman shouldnt play Sat.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He's no saint but one thing he has done is won his team mates over in the off season. His issues are not the same as they were last year in the clubhouse. He screwed up but overall he's made a huge personal improvement.

Sometimes a helping hand can do more good than a crack upside the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar