Pacman Appeal Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

And why shouldnt it be? The guy doesnt even have charges brought against him yet. And I am not defending VIck, as I do think he is probably guilty. But, until he even has charges brought against him, how can you possibly justify suspending him? Pac, Henry, and Tank all had charges and convictions before being suspended. Vick does not at this point.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i must have missed what pac has been convicted of.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He was put on probation in Murfreesboro in October. Nothing serious, but still a conviction, plus you put the violation of two league rules, and you have somewhat of a pattern. Vick has none of that at this point, though in time I think he will.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Actually Goodell didn't reference any incident with a conviction in his letter. He was punished for failure to report the GA case, the case itself which was pending and a marijuana charge (and failure to report it) that was later dropped. So you are not accurate in your assessment of what convictions were in play in the decision.

In regards to Henry- he had a conviction. I'll accept that Nashville and Cinci are similar size markets but no way Chicago and Atlanta are similar. I firmly believe that the big market money effects on the franchises and league in is play when Goodell decides what punishment to hand out.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

awwww poor pacman.

whoever said if vegas had never happened pacman wouldn't have been suspended, I disagree.

Pac's problem is, he's stupid. Real stupid. If he had only reported his arrest in Georgia, which he is Required to do, then he would have some grounds for his appeal. Goodell can and will use that, and I seriously doubt Pac's suspension will be reduced at all.

As a Titan season ticket holder, I have to say I hope Pacman's year long suspension holds up. And then, I hope the Titans cut the scumbag.

Yeah, Pac's dynamic and exciting to watch on the field. BUT, we are talking about a CB that has all of 4 ints in his 2 year career, and 4 return TDs in his 2 year career, oh he also has 9 fumbles in that span as well.

The truth is, that colts poster is right. Vince Young is an exceptional talent. His career will hopefully turn out the way Mike Vicks was hyped to be. So....

let's get the trash off the team, Pacman and Haynesworth, since they've both made the Titans look like a joke. And if the organization keeps problem people on the team, they will bring the real Titans stars down.

The punishment may not be fair considering others suspensions and crimes, but I'm all for it. Goodell stand your ground.

So many people complain about MR, but I think he has done a great job with one exception.... He should have cut Pac and Haynesworth day one that he was hired and restored some credibility to this franchise.

And believe it or not, we won't be any more "doomed" than most of you think we are, with those two losses.

The Titans do not need Pacman distractions any longer, will he play, when will he play, will he get in trouble again...

I for one am sick of hearing about all of it.

I'm looking forward to going to the games and watching the Titans players that actually give a damn about being on the team, and that work hard to eventually become superbowl champions.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

at this point, but wainting until 2008 for a conviction is unjust. pac was not suspended for his probation in murfeesboro, he was supposedly suspended for the vegas incident(no chargers or conviction) and his two violations.

if you're going to tell me his two violations were worth 8 games a piece, which is apparently as bad as going to prison for two months, then i'd say you're crazy.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He most certainly referenced the Murfreesboro incident where Pac was placed on probation. Again, that is nothing major, but it is a conviction and it did play a part in Goodell's suspension.

And on what basis should Vick be suspended for at this point? Because of allegations? Whether you agree with the other 3's suspensions or not they were all based on more than allegations.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's a terrific monologue.

I posit this question in regards to Pac. Why do his team mates seem to like him?

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Pac wasnt suspended for Vegas, that is just wrong information on your part. He was suspended for Mboro, the GA arrest, and violation of 2 league rules.

And I havent commented on Pac's suspension, I am commenting on Vick. You guys want a suspension based on allegations alone, which is not the precident that was set with Pac, Henry, or Johnson. You can argue about that until your blue in the face, but that wasnt the precident that was set.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

let the boy play....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar