Pac takes a deal - agrees to testify for no jail time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MJTitans, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think the evidence is strong at all in the case, otherwise the DA wouldn't have struck a deal going from 2 felony counts to 1 misdemeanor. You have DNA evidence disproving the bouncer's claims that Pac bit him.

Without the Georgia "obstruction" case (which is BS), there really isn't anything the commisioner can legitimately continue the suspension.

The talking heads especially at ESPN can't even get the facts regarding the suspension straight. The are nothing more than the league puppets.

2. Riverman

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/2007/11/13/pacman_plea/

Jones' Atlanta-based lawyer Manny Arora said Tuesday the defence team believes Jones would have won a trial on two felony counts of coercion for inciting a fight inside the club. But a trial wouldn't have happened for six months or even a year.

"And he may have lost another year of eligibility by going forward. In the real world, sometimes you have to make these difficult decisions for what's best for your career, and we didn't want this dragging on any further," Arora said.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's true that it's a step that this goes away. But the review was supposed to be to allow him to return if he cleared up both this and the GA charges. That alone is enough justification for him to not shorten it.

I understand that the punishment may have been disproportionate. I understand that he may have let others come back early (though really, they just came back to practice, Tank and Henry both weren't allowed to play in more games). But based on the original terms of the suspension, what was done last week is legit. Pac's got serious legal problems based on a series of actions, the league banned him for a year, but said that if he got his legal issues worked out he could come back after ten games. His legal issues are ongoing, so he can't come back.

4. Riverman

All true- all reasonable IMO.

I do think, however, that the Las Vegas incident and the powder-keg of negative press it created was the catalyst for the review and the disproportionate suspension. Goodell was crafty how he constructed the terms of the letter to make it very difficult for Pac to hold him or the league accountable for unfair labor practice.

Pac did just about every stupid thing a person could do when faced with an angry mob. I believe the media and public reaction has been every bit as disproportionate as the terms of the suspension.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Very, very true riverman.

I don't like what Goodell did, and I agree with your criticisms, but I appreciate that you are acknowledging here that he did what he did very well. It's hard to overturn his action at this point.

Pacman's reactions to this have been terrible. I think if he'd had someone giving him good advice that he'd listened to starting immediately after Vegas, he'd be on the field on monday night. Sad that he won't be, but at least part of it is his own fault. I hope he can stay out of trouble and come back next season.

6. msadlerjr

msadlerjr Guest

Titans could use Pac-Man this year!!

I know this isn't going to be a popular reply but Titan still could use a guy like Pac-Man. I can't imagine Current Titans allowing him to be a distraction and most of them would allow him back with open arms.

Defense:
    Evidence with Nick Harper getting injured, I rather have Pac-Man backing him up then Mr. Hill.

Special Teams:
    I don't see Titans having any effective return man on Kickoff or Punts. So he is definitely needed there.

Offense:
    I don't see any players on offense that can change a game (except VY) like Pac-Man can with his quickness and athletism. He could get some snaps like last year at slot reciever,ect.....

Since Pac-Man is not needed on D right now unless an injury occurs. He will not be playing as many snaps as he did in the past with this current D. We definitely could use a guy like him on O and ST if something allowed him to come back if he was reinstated by the league.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well Ricky Williams is back so Pac has hope...

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar