Pac Restraining Order

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leefrone, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I actually dont agree with this. I think he should be allowed to wrestle if he wants. Basically you tell a guy he cant play for a year, then try and take away something from him completely unrelated to football. I understand the contract ramifications, but it seems to me if he gets hurt wrestling then the contract would then just become void since he violated it. I really dont see how the titans are protecting any type of investment, since seemingly they wouldnt have to pay him anyway if he were to get injured.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Reinfeld addressed this specific issue on the radio not an hour ago. The one specific reason he gave was that allowing Pac to do wrestle possibly sets a precedent for other players to do similar things.

Then the radio host asked Reinefeld if Pac would ever return to the team..
    Normally you would expect a general answer along the lines of "we are team and we want all our players available, bla bla bla"..
    But Reinfeld's response was about a public-hair away from from outright saying Pac won't ever be back on The Titans... If anyone here can recall the exact wording please post it. It certainly does not look good for Pac..

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If that is the case, then I really dont understand why they would prohibit this. Like I said, I understand the contract ramifications, but this seems to be too controlling of a persons life IMO. If he gets hurt then they most likely wouldnt have to owe him any money anyway. If he doesnt get hurt, then no harm was done. And if they are seriously considering not having him back anyway, then why try and prohibit him from getting on with his life? I can understand where they are coming from I guess, but it still seems like to much control over a players life IMO.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The precedence reasoning makes perfect sense to me. There is so much money on the table with these contracts - it's all business.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I understand that and can certainly see their point. But as long as the contract states that an injury caused by this type of activity voids the contract, then I really dont see what they have to lose. Unless wrestling is viewed as a competitor to the NFL (which its not) and they see this as a conflict of interest, then I just dont really agree with it. But, just my opinion.

And didnt Ricky Williams go play in canada while he was suspended? I would think that is just as big a risk as wrestling.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Okay, let's get a few things straight.

Wrestling is a legitimate sport. The REAL wrestling such as is found in high school, college and the olympics. Therefore, the fake stuff Pacman is involved in should not be given the same name but be called "rasslin".

:yes:

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well, on that I dont disagree. Ill rephrase that I think Pac should be allowed to rassle.

Hows that?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I honestly don't know about Ricky but that's a good question. In my opinion if it was within their power The Dolphins should have protected their investment.
    The team's reasoning for not cutting Pac loose by now is likely a similar reason they don't want Pac to voilate the contract.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Much better. :)

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Who'd a thunk it, Pac's a redneck at heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar