Pac is being held out of tomorrow's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nickname

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Lol, I asked Gunny the same question.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Welcome to the board.

That's the dumbest thing I've read today (sorry, but it is). It doesn't matter what you believe, there is a difference. If you don't think so, move there.

I didn't think so.

(I believe in rainbows and 5 foot fairies with wings.)

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Come on Gunny, A lot of people, including those who "grew up in the hood" have managed to overcome their difficult upbringing. Pac has been blessed with talent and (now) wealth...It's time to stop the excuses !!!

Now for something different. I have heard that the Titans Internal sources...whatever that means, are saying Pac wasn't intoxicated, and was "unfairly handled by club security and the police" any info on that ?

I'm just trying to be fair...

5. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Another excuse maker...I'll probably get kicked off for this...So be it...You should have grown up the way I did...I make no excuses, and I made something of myself...You got two choices...you can make something of yourself, or you can make excuses. What you gonna do.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

maybe so, but a lot of people also don't. We only hear about those who have.
    And regardless, what you learn growing up there and then coming into a different environment, some personalties bred living in a slum is hard to kick. Just like alcoholism is hard to kick. Or drugs.

we'll see what happens.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not everyone deals with it the way you did (however you grew up)

8. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I never said it was easy my friend...I'm not looking to make enemies here...I've also defended Pac...

9. jdee

jdee Guest

Again, I'm very disappointed in Pac. It was a risk taking this guy at #6 last year and this is exactly why. He had a track record of being in trouble before we drafted him and in 15 months, he's not disappointed. Some guys get it, and some guys don't. Lets hope Pac finally gets the message.

JDee

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Pacman needs to learn to reign it in. That much is certain.

On the other hand, some girl is handing around my wallet without my permission, and I don't know where it is, I'm getting pissed.

When the cops come and don't care about my wallet, which is identity theft and clearly the first alleged crime committed, I'm getting pissed.

It was irresponsible that he was too drunk to keep him mouth shut, which is his problem, but he had a reason to be pissed, and his yelling came from being victimized and no one doing anything about it.

Growing up in the real hood, you see so many victims you adopt an attitude and a skin to keep from becoming a victim. Once you get out, it's often a conditioned response to situations and/or an air you maintain in general to stay safe.

Most of you will not get this (not your fault), and some might scoff from a safe distance (your fault), which is also predictable, but hopefully wrong.

All in all, this is a pretty mild incident it seems concerning Jones.

Yeah, he might need a method to work through his expressiveness, but honestly, I thought this offseason could have gone a lot worse concerning him.

I still like to think he remains in good standing to improve himself. Being that this is pretty mild (joke - he didn't even shake the girl who took his wallet) he might get fed up with this type of exposure and take the necessary steps to see that it doesn't happen again. We'll see, but positive things could happen.

Fisher got lucky. So did Pacman. Won't miss any season time, or shouldn't. Fish holds the locker room down, for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar