Pac is being held out of tomorrow's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what the hell are you talking about? i didnt make any excuses. i said football players arent role model just because they make a lot of money. i dont think they should be put on a pedistal because they play a game.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

My appologies if you take offense to my opinion. But, they used to be role models, and damn good ones. Not anymore because the poor behavior is allowed to stand and we justify it by saying, "They're not role models just because they make alot of money".

Only my humble opinion, of course.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The problem with that line of thinking is that these guys make tons of money on kids buying their jerseys, football cards, etc. Emulating them in the backyard. Playing their favorite players on PS2, XBox, etc.

The fact is they are...whether they should be or not they are. I don't want my son holding Pac or TO or Ray Lewis on a pedestal. But some kids will and that fact is it goes with the territory.

Look at the NFL promoting the "take a player to school" campaign. Its just part of the package when you sign that NFL contract. Unfortunate as that might be.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Some of you expect way too much from guys who can't read, but can play a physical game and run very fast and throw women over sofas. Next off-season, I doubt Fisher will still be around, but if so, he ought to scrap the softball charity game and have a "Woman tossing Exhibition."

5. GOFIGURETITANS

I could not have said it better. Thank you.

6. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I personally am very sad to hear this news. Pac played so well against NO, It seems he had put this kind of foolishness behind him...

And Bigtitan53279...While I think you are trying to be fair and kind to Pac...He's had too many of these kinds of problems...I was once 22 and I didn't get arrested everytime you turn around.

Character, and discipline are part of being a professional in the NFL...It can't be tolerated in the NFL...It's bad for the locker room...It will cost you wins.

7. Fry

i guess what im saying is, if these guys have that much of an influence on your children's lives that they can reverse the things you teach them(the difference between right and wrong for instance) then there is a much bigger problem than the athlete.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

Their behavior is not going to change my sons behavior. It will only affect whether my son and I will watch football. It will be a sad day when we lose football for kids because of its "R" rating.

9. Fry

oh yeah, the guys who took steroids from the 60's to the mid 80's were such great role models.

frankly, i think more guys have been busted for drugs because the league has actually tried to crack down on it. i dont think more guys use now, more guys get caught. also, back in the day this would be a none story out of tennessee. thanks to espn and the nfl network sports is a 24 hour national media business now.

10. Fry

if what guys do off the field stop you from watching football, i pitty you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar