Pac is being held out of tomorrow's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Yeah well, Biddle is the same idiot that said PacMan got the worst end of the hit he laid on Reggie Bush.
    WRONG!

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

We should be talking smack with Falcons fans and talking about the game tonight, all of us as one. Instead we are fighting with each other about Pacman and what he did or did not do. This is exactly why he isnt good for the team. He is a distraction to the team and the fans. If we are this much distracted by his actions off the field, what do you think the team is going through ?

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

IMO the hit wasn't anything..Jones did more running his mouth than anything which is why he got flagged

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

My point was...IMO, Biddle is a moron!

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I agree with that. I just thought the part about the Napolenoic complex was funny and probably very true

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It's even more funny when you put it in context. Excellent choice BT.

ya know... it's going to be really interesting to see how Woolfolk responds to all of this. He's really running out of opportunities.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:irked:
    Not trying to continue my recent tradition of picking gameday fights with fellow fans but I think you are off target with that and time will prove you wrong. Pacman isn't near the mess he once was, and yes, this is a PR setback but I don't view it as a crisis. If anything it's overblown. Sitting Pac tonight is the right thing to do but that doesn't mean he won't be a integral part of our defense and special teams this year and in future seasons.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is bad for the team because we're wasting time that we should be spending on smacking the falcons fans? Come on, that's a ridiculous reach.

This is much more of a distraction for us than for the team, mostly because they have work to do and we don't.

He's sitting the game, fair punishment for a relatively minor issue that shouldn't impact the team, but was a mistake nonetheless. Good that it's pacman that breaks the straw and gets punished, shows fisher is no longer coddling him.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

First I agree sitting Jones was the best thing to do. I think Fisher surprised us fans (and the team) by doing that.
    Second I don't think you are picking gameday fights. You are expressing your opinion. As long as it doens't get into name calling everyone should be cool. We all have opinions whether they are right or wrong.

Now saying that I disagree with everything else. :ha:

Jones is trouble with a capital T.
    In two games so far he has already gotten 2 unsportmanlike conduct flags. That isn't a good start esp when Fisher and Jones have some sort of bet and right now he is losing on the bet.

Will this continue on I hope not. If it does he will start to be a problem. How long before this teammates start to call him out (assuming they haven't already). If that happens he will again become the disruptive force in the clubhouse that he was last yr.

I would be willing to bet Fisher was totally pissed when he found out about this incident. Jones was suppose to be going to a friend's funeral in Atlanta which is why he got out of practice Friday but instead he is out partying till he got busted.

Time will tell which way Jones will go and how long he is on the team.

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

You know what sledge? It's part of the price you pay when you "choose" to be in the public eye and represent a city and the hopes and dreams of the youth that idolize the sport and team you play for. For these kids, you are larger than life. They (the players) know this going in. They know this when they are in peewee league dreaming of being just like the stars they idolized themselves. I know this because my son is in peewee league now. It's B.S. that these guys don't know what the "right" thing to do is. It's B.S. that they don't know how they "should" behave. They are college educated young men, don't tell me they don't know what Etiquette is.

Have a nice day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar