Pac is being held out of tomorrow's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Channel 2 just said that Fisher made a statement saying that Pac will not play tomorrow night against the Falcons. Fisher said he was disappointed in Pac and his decision to hold him out of the game is based on principle.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not surprising. it needed to be done to show the team there is no favoritism.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Coach Fisher Statement Regarding Pacman Jones

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher released a statement late Friday regarding the latest incident regarding CB Pacman Jones. "I am disappointed that Pac’s activities have become an issue again, because I believe he has made significant gains over the last year. I want to let the legal system work in this case before I make any conclusions. I am going sit him out of this game on principle and not because I believe he is guilty in this case based on what I believe the facts are at this time. Last January I let the team know that they would be held to a higher standard and this does not meet that standard. I would expect him to be on the sidelines Saturday night in the game against the Falcons encouraging his teammates and getting encouragement from his teammates."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher had to do this. I'm a bit surprised because I thought he'd say he would have to wait for justice to be served first.

But in doing this for a meaningless game, it means the penalty is paid. Fisher might fine him and ask him to attend anger management classes but he won't feel the pressure to sit him for a regular season game.

Though many of us poke fun at Pacman, whether you like him or not, we know he plays an important role towards the future success of the franchise. I want to see him mature to become the player we all hope he can be.

What is disturbing to me is that this has now become a pattern. The theme which seems to be a part of every incident on and off the field are poor decisions based on rage.

If he could manage to get that under control, I think 99% of this stuff goes away. Fisher needs to force him to go to classes and get a handle on it.

5. Fry

i dont know if this had anything to do with rage. he was drunk. some people are happy drunks some arent. he got pissed because he thought someone stole his wallet.

i wouldnt even go as far as to say he has an alcohol problem either(not saying you did). he's a 22 year old who was having too much fun. it happens.

and you know what? this isnt even the worst thing that could have happened. he could have gotten in his car and drove in to a tree. we shouldnt be glad it happened, but we should be glad nothing worse happened.

6. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

well wasnt him that was wanting to play against atlanta last year so bad and had to sit out. cause that was his home team?? i mean seems like that was right?

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I would rather call that draft pick a loss and replace him in next years draft. That would be better then to eat all the crow he serves up. I thought this child had changed. He obviously has not. He is a punk thug and he will never change. Tennessee is better than that. We, who pay these massive salaries, deserve better than that. Our children, who watch these games and look up to these guys, deserve better than that.

But that's just me...

8. Fry

football players are not role models just because they make a lot of money. there is no reason these guys should be held to a higher standard than a mechanic just because they play a game.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

This is exactly why we get more and more of this behavior. Too many people are ready to make excuses for bad behavior. Quit being enablers for bad behavior. If your son did this, would you say "son, that's alright, the mechanic does it too." ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar