Pac Delays Filing for Reinstatement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There were a number of reasons. First, they lose a lot of leverage in getting back any bonus money. Then, you have the rumors that Pacman's base is guaranteed and cutting him would mean he gets his money. And, you have the uncertainty of who the Titans have to start opposite Harper. Remember, Finnegan really didn't step up until training camp and the preseason. They had hoped Griffin could handle the duties.

But I think you are right in that the Titans sincerely hoped the suspension would have a positive impact on Pac and that he'd change his ways. They may have felt, if he did his weekly anger management classes and stayed out of trouble, that he could be back in time to help the team before the playoffs.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

At this point, yes I do. I agree with TJ that alot of unreported discussion has occurred between Goodell, Jones and MR. I also believe the ink on the trade has been dry for weeks- except maybe for the conditions. We are seeing a lot of posturing on all fronts to maximize the PR benefit for the Titans, the Cowboys, the league and to a lesser degree Pac.

It certainly sounds like the Cowboys and Titans have agreed upon terms- so the only thing that is holding this thing up is Goodell and some PR work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar