Pac and Wycheck face off...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Biddle says that Pac didn't know Wycheck because, from what I understand, Pac called out Neil O'Donnell in the locker room and it was apparent that Pac thought Neil was Wycheck. Neil still laughs about it to this day. It's apparent that Wycheck is not a professional media person. No one in the media is going to get into a cat fight with a player, EVER. Wycheck baited Pac after practice. From a very reliable source, Pac did NOT scream obscenities at Wycheck. He did get very close to him and say something to him, that no 2 people can recall the same words that Pac said. The only consistent thing people say that Pac said was "I can say whatever I want to say!" No curse words were heard from Pac.

Honestly, if you took a poll of 1st and 2nd year players, they probably couldn't pick Wycheck out. Why would they? Also, have you seen Frank lately? He's swollen up and doesn't look the same, at all. I used to think he was kind of hot, not so much anymore!

I think that Pac should have ignored Wycheck's comment after practice and just kept walking. However, they have animosity towards one another, so neither one can let it go. And if anyone thinks that Vince Young isn't talking trash about Hoge, then they don't think Vince has human emotions. It's human nature to want to get at someone who talks trash about you. Every player on the team remembers how the fans walked out on them, now are "jumping on the bandwagon." It's human nature. Pac is growing up, but it's in baby steps, people, baby steps.....

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I knew this thing was getting overexaggerated because it delt with Pacman, but yeah Wycheck crossed the line- this is his fault. And he shouldn't have done it, terrible decision by him, especially in light of this huge game...

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You obviously don't listen to Titans Radio, the pregame show or the game call. I listened to the things Wycheck has said over time. We don't know the exact nature of any of this. Frank Wycheck just needs to drink his shut up juice and this all goes away.

We may not be a better team on the field without him but he's still a thorn in the teams side until he can learn how to control himself own up to the things he does.

---------------------------
    My post is saying that he is better now and getting better.

Last year he would ninja midget round house kick Frank. :chuck:

4. smili

smili Starter

Here's what's being missed here: PacMan is becoming a leader on this team vs. the divisive element he was last year and earlier this year.

Frank was upset earlier in the year when he saw the team imploding again and he saw Pac at the middle. Hence Frank's statements. It seems likely Frank is wrong and I totally expect Pac to call Frank out.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

That's cool.

There is no doubt that Pacman's talent puts him in a leadership position of sorts.

Stories like this don't help the reputation of him being a petulant kid from the streets in a position over his head.

Thinking back to how last year he was quoted as saying "this is MY defense now" would make me call him a "cancer" then if I were in sports media.
    But that was last year. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of him for his behavior in the past. Stories like this bring the past back into focus rather that looking to future success.

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Wycheck ain't so squeaky clean anymore is he...

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Adam Jones has found his own path to get suspended hasn't he?

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Obviously your sources aren't the same as the Tennessean.
    Saturday, 12/16/06

Jones vs. Wycheck: After Friday's practice, Jones showed the emotional side that has gotten him in trouble, exchanging words with former Titans tight end Frank Wycheck.

Wycheck, a host of the Wake-Up Zone on 104.5-FM and an analyst for Titans Radio Network, was critical of Jones on the air earlier this season.

During practice Friday, Jones made some comments directed at Wycheck, who was watching the workout from the sideline.

When the two crossed paths at the end of practice, Wycheck asked Jones if he had something to say to him. Jones responded by shouting obscenities at Wycheck. Linebacker Stephen Tulloch pulled Jones away.

The incident occurred just as Coach Jeff Fisher was beginning his post-practice media session about 10-15 yards away.

Fisher instructed Jones to go to the locker room.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Nah cous, how 'bout you try and follow what happened. Wycheck has been critical and bad-mouthing Jones all year. Thereby, both player have been mouthing off at each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar